[SFS] Linux Campers READ THIS 2

sfs@thegeek.nu sfs@thegeek.nu
Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:59:58 -0400 (EDT)

Would running several Linux VM's on a windows host be acceptable?

-----Original Message-----
From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@thegeek.nu>
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:33am
To: sfs@thegeek.nu
Subject: [SFS] Linux Campers READ THIS 2

T-3 weeks!

How well you prepare determines how fun Linux Camp will be, and how likely you are to pass the LPIC-1 exams on-site.

Everyone is registered as a BYOB (bringing your own box). Here are my recommendations:

    1. Take a backup! You'll be moving very fast and might break something during camp. It would be a shame to lose the pictures or the thesis because you pointed a destructive command at the wrong file-system.
    2. Processor: At least 2 cores. More is better.
    3. Memory: At least 2 GB. More is better.
    4. Storage: At least 24 GB available. More is better.
    5. Get familiar with VirtualBox. We'll be using it, because it's free as in beer and Free as in Liberty/Libre/Freedom.
--
David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

> > • You're more likely to succeed if you have partner(s), so I
> > encourage you to study with others. Use Gary's study group, if it's
> > convenient to you.
> > • I'm sharing a few pages of the Snow Mountain Ranch trip planner,
> > here:
> > https://zimbra.thegeek.nu/home/dlwillson@thegeek.nu/Shared/SFS/Linux%20Camp%202013/SMR-small-planner.pdf

> > --
> > David L. Willson
> > Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
> > RHCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu
> > Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)

> > This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

 we have. Plan appropriate study time from NOW until