[SFS] Willson's Crafty New Year's Eve party for kids, small and big

David L. Willson sfs@thegeek.nu
Sat, 07 Dec 2013 12:17:57 -0700 (MST)

Willson's Crafty New Year's Eve 2013
====================================

RSVP's please!

For about the 7th time, the Willsons will be opening their home to everyone's kids for an overnight New Year's Eve party.

Do you want to "go out" for New Year's Eve? Would you like a free, fun place to park your kid(s)? Are you OK with them staying up half the night? :-}

We're doing a New Year's Eve party for kids again this year. It's good, clean fun, but we do stay up late. Please bring your kids, and any young adults or adults that love kids and have a high-tolerance for noisy chaos.

Who can come:
-------------

*   To party and play: Anyone that is toilet-trained or cleans up their own accidents.
*   To party and help: Anyone that loves kids, and is noise and mess tolerant.

Who should not come:
--------------------

*   diapered kids or adults that want to do boring things with other adults, like talk or whatever.

What we do:
-----------

*   make party hats
*   make other things
*   talk and yell, dance and play, eat and drink
*   At midnight, we go outdoors to bang pots and pans and yell "Happy New Year!" at the tops of our lungs. Yeah, my neighbors love me.

What you do:
------------

*   RSVP with your kid-count and their names
*   Show up at my house around 5 or 6PM New Year's Eve with a set of kids that matches your RSVP.
*   Pick up your kids between 9 and 10AM New Year's Day. Stay for coffee. Try to find their things.

What to bring:
--------------

*   cherished, healthy, clean, well-rested kids
*   pajamas, sleeping bag, pillow, etc...
*   crafting supplies
*   healthy, hand-held foods (fruit, sandwiches, pretzels, granola bars, slabs of dried meat)

What you get back:

*   cherished, dirty, exhausted, kids
*   whatever they can find of what they brought with them

To be clear, I don't even *try* to keep track of your kids' things or gather them up; I tell your kids to do that. Then, I drink coffee while they do or don't. :-)

I like kids and plans. I hate surprises. Please RSVP.

WARNING/DISCLAIMER: I think it's normal for boys to make toy swords out of duct tape and foam and then smack each other with them. I let them do that. Sometimes, I point and laugh. Sometimes, I make a foam swords and smack *them*.

    David and Heather Willson
    phone:720-333-LANS(5267)
    email:WillsonFamily@TheGeek.NU