[SFS] Linux Campers READ THIS

David L. Willson sfs@thegeek.nu
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:52:09 -0600 (MDT)

--=_d51cee2d-974e-4652-bc21-cb78336e4eaf

All 10 (11, depending on how you look at it) Linux Campers are on-list now, so now is the time to say some things to head off any misunderstandings that might lead to disappointment.

Read the flier verbatim, if you haven't already.

I won't be teaching you everything in the book. That is not possible in the time we have. Plan appropriate study time from NOW until camp, no matter how experienced you are, to at least skim the book and read the sections you are least familiar with and do those exercises. It is simply not possible to cover everything in 40, or even 50 hours. 80 hours, maybe. .. Maybe...

I'll be giving you review sessions, expert insights, an ideal learning atmosphere, and ~lots~ of reinforcing exercises that closely mirror real-world problems that sysadmins are expected to solve. To succeed in this compressed boot camp format and have some time for fun, outdoorsy stuph, you must have an existing framework of experience and knowledge, a basic familiarity and comfort with Linux, especially the Linux command-line. The more you prepare, the easier the labs will be, the more fun camp will be, the more quickly you'll get the exercises done, and the more likely you are to pass the exams and come home certified. Please plan your study time, paced appropriately.

--
David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.