[SFS] How to promote Linux Camp 2013

Heather L. Willson sfs@thegeek.nu
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:32:31 -0600 (MDT)

You are a hoot, Mr. Willson! :)
I love you.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@TheGeek.NU>
To: "sfs" <sfs@thegeek.nu>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:50:18 PM
Subject: [SFS] How to promote Linux Camp 2013

You might say something like this to your boss:

"My friend David Willson is doing a Linux Camp in the mountains in August. It's a hands-on boot camp for geeks who want to round out their experience and get LPIC-1 certified. I want to go, and I'm hoping you'll help me with the tuition. May I send you a copy of the flier and invite David over to talk with us for a few minutes?"

Or, if you're not coming:

"My incredibly over-zealous friend David is doing that 'Free Software' thing again, and he won't shut up. Maybe if you throw some money at him, some wild-eyed hippie kid with a gift for IT but no money of their own can go for free. Not that I care." (Don't forget the air quotes and eye-rolling when you say "Free Software".)

Or, to your friend:

"I'm going to this. Want to come?" (You should be pointing at the flier. If they're from Minnesota, say, "Want to come with?" instead.)

Or again, if you're not coming:

"I heard you have to learn Linux for your job. Here. This is cheap, and it looks weird. Maybe it won't suck. Maybe."

And seriously sincerely, if you do promote my class: Thank you! :-)

--
David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.