[SFS] OpenStack and Little Computers - discussion

Matt James sfs@thegeek.nu
Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:37:15 -0600

--e89a8ffbab6bc0357504ea14718e

I am interested in both.  Don't know what tallent I can offer but do have
access to lots of electronics goodies (soldering irons, wire, LEDs, etc) I
could also potentially get a space to hold little computers - it would be
in Longmont however. Please keep me posted on both events regardless.

Matt
On Oct 31, 2013 5:46 PM, "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@thegeek.nu> wrote:

> Friends of Software Freedom, lend me your ears (eyes),
>
> I'm thinking I'd like to do two full-day events on the same day or at
> least the same weekend: Little Computers and OpenStack.
>
> I see *Little Computers Day* as an all-day event in a big room with 3+
> laptops, 3+ Arduino's, 3+ Raspberry Pi's, 3+ BeagleBone Black's, some
> LED's, some little geeks, some big geeks, some poorly-written docs, and an
> Internet connection. I'd like to see at least 4-6 show-and-tells happen at
> scheduled times, but otherwise, it'd be a free-for-all. Pay-what-you-like,
> with a suggested gift of $50, and SFS provides everything.
>
> I see *OpenStack Day* as an all-day, instructor-led OpenStack cluster
> build day. Obi Wan Mike Nolte would be lecturing, leading, and providing
> all the gear. You just show up. This too, could be pay-what-you-like, with
> a suggested gift of $50, BUT, because I want 12 committed students for this
> one, OpenStack would have a $50 seat deposit, which you can get back at the
> end of the day (or you can gift it to us).
>
> What do you think of these event ideas? Do you want to come to either or
> both? Will you actually show up? If so, how does the weekend of December
> 14th and 15th look for you? Do you have some good ideas or talent to throw
> in the mix?
>
> --
> David L. Willson
> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>
> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

--e89a8ffbab6bc0357504ea14718e

n offer but do have access to lots of electronics goodies (soldering irons,=
 wire, LEDs, etc) I could also potentially get a space to hold little compu=
ters - it would be in Longmont however. Please keep me posted on both event=
s regardless. </p>

quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu">DLWillson@thegeek.nu</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
s of Software Freedom, lend me your ears (eyes),<br><br>I&#39;m thinking I&=
#39;d like to do two full-day events on the same day or at least the same w=
eekend: Little Computers and OpenStack.<br>
h 3+ laptops, 3+ Arduino&#39;s, 3+ Raspberry Pi&#39;s, 3+ BeagleBone Black&=
#39;s, some LED&#39;s, some little geeks, some big geeks, some poorly-writt=
en docs, and an Internet connection. I&#39;d like to see at least 4-6 show-=
and-tells happen at scheduled times, but otherwise, it&#39;d be a free-for-=
all. Pay-what-you-like, with a suggested gift of $50, and SFS provides ever=
ything.<br>
ter build day. Obi Wan Mike Nolte would be lecturing, leading, and providin=
g all the gear. You just show up. This too, could be pay-what-you-like, wit=
h a suggested gift of $50, BUT, because I want 12 committed students for th=
is one, OpenStack would have a $50 seat deposit, which you can get back at =
the end of the day (or you can gift it to us).<br>
r both? Will you actually show up? If so, how does the weekend of December =
14th and 15th look for you? Do you have some good ideas or talent to throw =
in the mix?<br>
angelist<br>RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCL=

--e89a8ffbab6bc0357504ea14718e--