[SFS] STIG?

Matt James sfs@thegeek.nu
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 11:00:48 -0700

--047d7b15aef978563304ea9a0dbe

Hey Linuxers,
    I've been working on performing a STIG for some systems and wondering
if anyone else has had to deal with this stuff.  Now - Willson, calm down,
I don't work for the DOD/NSA/etc. - but my customers have to comply with
their standards and are asking for my help. I've found some commercial
products that act as a scan tool and will report findings, etc. but I was
wondering if anyone has a secret weapon they have used that might keep me
from re-inventing the wheel.  It's not that this stuff is overly difficult
- it's just really tedious to do 500+ checks on a system and apply the
appropriate configuration changes.

If you're unfamiliar with STIG - here:  http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/

I'm doing this on RHEL / CentOS 5 machines BTW.

TIA,

Matt

--
Go Green!  Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely
necessary.

--047d7b15aef978563304ea9a0dbe

ing a STIG for some systems and wondering if anyone else has had to deal wi=
th this stuff. =A0Now - Willson, calm down, I don&#39;t work for the DOD/NS=
A/etc. - but my customers have to comply with their standards and are askin=
g for my help. I&#39;ve found some commercial products that act as a scan t=
ool and will report findings, etc. but I was wondering if anyone has a secr=
et weapon they have used that might keep me from re-inventing the wheel. =
=A0It&#39;s not that this stuff is overly difficult - it&#39;s just really =
tedious to do 500+ checks on a system and apply the appropriate configurati=
on changes.</div>

v>

pletely necessary.

--047d7b15aef978563304ea9a0dbe--