[SFS] Fwd: [SFD-announce] Education Freedom Day Celebrations January 18, 2014

David L. Anselmi sfs@thegeek.nu
Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:08:48 -0700

--------------060003000902020900080400

Did anyone else get this?

I know some of you are more involved in education than I am so maybe there's an opportunity here for
you.

Dave

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SFD-announce] Education Freedom Day Celebrations January 18, 2014
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:30:38 +0800
From: Frederic Muller - DFF <fred@digitalfreedomfoundation.org>
To: SFD announcements <sfd-announce@sf-day.org>,  Open discussions about SFD <sfd-discuss@sf-day.org>

Dear all,

We are launching a new celebration as announced in August, around Open Educational Resources and
Free Educational Software called Education Freedom Day [1] which will be celebrated on January 18th,
2014 (Saturday). The registration just opened and follow our other events process with a wiki page
creation [2] and then registration [3]!

The date has been chosen as mid school year in order to somewhat make an update on any project an
education institution has been involved with, and look at what to deploy the next school year. There
are nowadays hundreds of resources which we will try to list (a few of them at least) in our wiki
[4] which goes from specific tuition to complete solutions depending on what your focus is. Some
involve software, some don't (except for the materials to follow). We hope that you will be able to
gather as many educators/teachers/professors as possible and make them discover OER communities and
the immense possibilities that goes together with them.

Thanks a lot and happy EFD!

----
The Digital Freedom Foundation Board

[1] http://www.educationfreedomday.org/