[SFS] Ogg Camp

Lorin Ricker sfs@thegeek.nu
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:10:49 -0600

At first, the "Ogg" led me to think that this was all about music,
audio, video, that sort of thing... Great in and of itself.  But hey,
OggCamp is a whole heck of a lot more than "just that", although it
certainly encompasses arts & music, it really looks like pretty much
like an "anything goes", as long as it's FLOSS, open hardware, Creative
Commons, etc.

It would be wonderful to see an OggCamp version flourish in Denver & the
Front Range.  I'd imagine that its success will hinge on a few things:

1. Dedicated volunteers to organize & run it
2. A "critical mass" of Open Source-oriented businesses to contribute
significant enough treasure and resources support to promote it (beyond
just the relatively few of us software/computer geeks who'd attend) to a
wide(r) creative population, and to fund the actual "hard costs" of
getting it put on
3. A great venue to host/hold it (which doesn't impose stupid/silly
restrictions on a bunch of creative free spirits)
4. Attendees -- geeks, artists, writers, performers, nerds, creatives,
hobbyists, free-thinkers, etc. -- obviously, the more the merrier

I'm in, I'll help!... at least let's start talking and see what planning
and other practicalities would be required to follow in the footsteps of
our British colleagues to do a Colorado OggCamp #1 (or even a 0.5)!

best regards,
   -- Lorin     -- 720-310-0031 (cell)     -- Lorin@RickerNet.us

   Lorin Ricker
     SEED (Software-Engineer-Entrepreneur-Developer),
     Linux (reg# 482346), Ruby, VMS, DEC (the good old days)