[SFS] What do you call a Pi Lab without Pi?

David L. Anselmi sfs@thegeek.nu
Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:25:53 -0600

David L. Willson wrote:
>> David L. Willson wrote:
>>> If SFS buys the gear for this prototyping workshop, who will help
>>> the kids play with the gear?
>>> (Ridgley and I will for sure. Who else?)
>>
>> I could possibly supply some kids.  And perhaps they could advertise
>> to their friends.
>>
>> But probably not on Saturdays, unfortunately.
>
> What days do you like? And, we want 9-12 kids, with at least half being smart ones.

If you're looking at multi-hour sessions then Sunday afternoons.  For < 2hr sessions a weeknight
could work (yeah, don't ask me which one--they're all booked one way or another).

Smart should be easy enough but maybe not any computer experience.  (So they'd know how to use
Google but maybe not anything about files or folders.)  So that might be a challenge for you.

But homework wouldn't be an issue for the ones I would bring, so pre-study to speed up the basics
would work.

Let's work on an agenda (sorry, syllabus) and format (number, length, frequency of sessions) and
then we can make a flier to advertise.

Dave