[SFS] SFS SFFS PostgreSQL - feedback request

P. Hoemke hoemke.paul@gmail.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2014 13:26:31 -0600

--047d7bf10b5040986204f678d8ce

Quick feedback before it all leaks...(numbered for ref):

   1. ~85%? As a one-shot intro, that's probably as much as is likely for a
   general audience...
   2. Yes, possibly atttempted a bit much; I'd recommend even more
   skipping/glossing over reference stuff (history, operators, general limits
   on stuff) that can trivially be looked up as a RTFM.
   3. Decent balance of lab/lecture; in a fast-run course, might be nice to
   have quicker labs that are more focused (break these apart, spread them
   out); the cost of failing to rewind to the first thing said in a lecture
   feels higher if lab time is limited.
   4. See above in difficulty; if we covered a lot of ground in a lecture
   and memory flops on me getting started, I might never get caught up to the
   remainder of the lab and lose ground.
   5. Possibly... (So helpful, yes?)
   6. ..
   7. ..
   8. Always interested in infrastructure / platform stuff personally, but
   that's the professional vector I'm on right now. Ask again later...
   9. [good try!]
   10. Hackerspace is new to me, sorry.
   11. This course I saw after getting on SFS mailing list, by way of CLUE
   mailing list, b/c of interest in Puppet training. Did tell a friend, but
   looks like it didn't work out.

Thanks,
Paul.

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson@thegeek.nu>wrote:

> PLEASE leave a few words here: http://www.sofree.us/?p=77163
>
> That's enough. Thank you so much.
>
> If you want to help tune the one-day PostgreSQL class, send me and Kevin
> (CC'd) an email with your thoughts.
>
> Here are some questions that might help you to have thoughts.
>

>    1.     * How much of the material in this session (or series) was
>    interesting to you? [none, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, all]
>    2.     * Did the session cover enough stuph? [yes, too much, too
>    little]
>    3.     * Lab and lecture balance? [needs more lecture, needs more lab,
>    it's perfect, needs more cowbell]
>    4.     * Lab difficulty was: [too easy, too hard, just right]
>    5.     * Would you be interested in a more basic or a more advanced
>    session on this topic? [basic, advanced, neither, both]
>    6.
>    7.
>    8.     * What other software freedom topics are of interest to you?
>    [blender, mongodb, drupal, wordpress, libreoffice, licenses, bash]
>    9.     * Do you want to lead a workshop? [of course you do!]
>    10.     * Are you a contributing member of a Hacker-space, or another
>    free learning center? If so, which one? Would you introduce SFS?
>    11.     * Where did you hear about today's SFS class? Did you tell a
>    friend? Would you? Really, that matters very much, you know...
>

> --
> David L. Willson
> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
> http://sofree.us
>
> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

--047d7bf10b5040986204f678d8ce

uch as is likely for a general audience...</li><li>Yes, possibly atttempted=
 a bit much; I&#39;d recommend even more skipping/glossing over reference s=
tuff (history, operators, general limits on stuff) that can trivially be lo=
oked up as a RTFM.</li>
<li>Decent balance of lab/lecture; in a fast-run course, might be nice to h=
ave quicker labs that are more focused (break these apart, spread them out)=
; the cost of failing to rewind to the first thing said in a lecture feels =
higher if lab time is limited.</li>
<li>See above in difficulty; if we covered a lot of ground in a lecture and=
 memory flops on me getting started, I might never get caught up to the rem=
ainder of the lab and lose ground.</li><li>Possibly... (So helpful, yes?)</=
li>
uff personally, but that&#39;s the professional vector I&#39;m on right now=
sorry.</li>
<li>This course I saw after getting on SFS mailing list, by way of CLUE mai=
ling list, b/c of interest in Puppet training. Did tell a friend, but looks=
ail_quote">On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM, David L. Willson <span dir=3D"lt=
r">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu" target=3D"_blank">DLWillson@=
left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">PLEASE leave a few words =
here: <a href=3D"http://www.sofree.us/?p=3D77163" target=3D"_blank">http://=
www.sofree.us/?p=3D77163</a><br>

That&#39;s enough. Thank you so much.<br>
If you want to help tune the one-day PostgreSQL class, send me and Kevin (C=
C&#39;d) an email with your thoughts.<br>
Here are some questions that might help you to have thoughts.<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; How much of the material in this session (or series) w=
as interesting to you? [none, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, all]</li><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Did the session cover enough stuph? [yes, too much, to=
o little]</li><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Lab and lecture balance? [needs more lecture, needs mo=
re lab, it&#39;s perfect, needs more cowbell]</li><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Lab difficulty was: [too easy, too hard, just right]</=
li><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Would you be interested in a more basic or a more adva=
nced session on this topic? [basic, advanced, neither, both]</li><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; What other software freedom topics are of interest to =
you? [blender, mongodb, drupal, wordpress, libreoffice, licenses, bash]</li=
><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Do you want to lead a workshop? [of course you do!]</l=
i><li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Are you a contributing member of a Hacker-space, or an=
other free learning center? If so, which one? Would you introduce SFS?</li>=
<li>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &bull; Where did you hear about today&#39;s SFS class? Did yo=
u tell a friend? Would you? Really, that matters very much, you know...</li=
></ol>
--<br>
David L. Willson<br>
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA<br>
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)<br>
This is a good time for a r3VOLution.<br>