[SFS] How was it?

David L. Willson DLWillson@TheGeek.NU
Mon, 05 May 2014 16:41:32 -0600 (MDT)

Pretty well, all things considered.

Little Computers
----------------

Heather made muffins and coffee and bought Chipotle for lunch. The Ridgely's had left a pretty cool program on one of the Arduino's, so we called that good enough, and lit (and darkened) an LED from the BeagleBone Black. We never got around to the Raspberry Pi. It was just Heather, Paulie, and me, so ... pretty informal, but pretty fun.

I think the way I have Little Computers envisioned at present doesn't work. It certainly doesn't draw people, and it's too wide for one day, much less 4 hours. So, I'm splitting to Little Computers: Pi Fight, and Little Computers: Arduino rethink and Little Computers: Black Lab or Black Pun Magic.

Installfest

About 10 people total, I think.

Phillip Giddings was a very hard-working tech-guy. I think he helped every single person that brought an interesting problem, at least 3 people/families. I think we finished with 1 unmitigated success, 1 hardware failure, and 2 computers that hate Ubuntu-flavored freedom.

M. Paul Webb did an overview of Ubuntu with focus on Trusty (14.04).

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.