[SFS] headset recommendations

Aaron Brown aayore@gmail.com
Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:31:39 -0600

--------------010301030704060808020600

I have Bose QC15's and Sennheiser HD280 Pro's. My dog chewed on the Bose
pair and they survived. I dropped a drill bit (http://bit.ly/1MP7xvI) on
my Sennheisers and they died. The Bose do feel a little flimsy, but they
came with a pretty robust (but lightweight) case that's kept them in
decent shape. I don't know if the microphone would be sufficient for
class-style use.

I haven't tried a Sennheiser headset, but I did like the headphones. You
could try something like this:
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-350-special-edition

I prefer passive (mechanical) noise reduction to active noise reduction,
but that's more a matter of principle than anything.

You can also try out PC/gamer-style headphones at several stores. Like
Target (in the video game section) or GameStop (e.g. Turtle Beach
http://bit.ly/1hD5yxO).

Mike wrote:

> So, I've been really disappointed with my Bose headphones, not the
> sound, necessarily, but the construction. They are nearly 100%
> plastic, and not extremely durable.
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Aaron Brown <aayore@gmail.com
> <mailto:aayore@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> https://www.bose.com/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/soundlink-around-ear-bluetooth-headphones.html
>

> David L. Willson wrote:
>>

>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good stereo headset? Wireless is nice, but
>> not
>> required. I'm looking for something to wear while doing web-based
>> classes. I need both hands free to type during demonstrations, and
>> having to keep my head in a particular position to keep my mouth on
>> the mic is challenging for me; I tend to fidget, a lot.
>>
>> --
>> David L. Willson
>> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
>> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu_CP SUSE_CLA
>> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>> http://sofree.us
>>
>> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.
>

> --
> Mike

--------------010301030704060808020600

<HTML><HEAD><META content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"></HEAD><BODY>I have Bose QC15's and Sennheiser HD280 Pro's.&nbsp; My dog chewed on the Bose pair and they survived.&nbsp; I dropped a drill bit (http://bit.ly/1MP7xvI) on my Sennheisers and they died.&nbsp; The Bose do feel a little flimsy, but they came with a pretty robust (but lightweight) case that's kept them in decent shape.&nbsp; I don't know if the microphone would be sufficient for class-style use.<BR>
<BR>
I haven't tried a Sennheiser headset, but I did like the headphones.&nbsp; You could try something like this: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-pc-350-special-edition<BR>
<BR>
I prefer passive (mechanical) noise reduction to active noise reduction, but that's more a matter of principle than anything.<BR>
<BR>
You can also try out PC/gamer-style headphones at several stores.&nbsp; Like Target (in the video game section) or GameStop (e.g. Turtle Beach http://bit.ly/1hD5yxO).<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Mike wrote:<BR>
So, I've been really disappointed with my Bose headphones, not the <BR>
sound, necessarily, but the construction. They are nearly 100% <BR>
plastic, and not extremely durable.<BR>
<BR>
On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Aaron Brown &lt;aayore@gmail.com <BR>
&lt;mailto:aayore@gmail.com&gt;&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; https://www.bose.com/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/soundlink-around-ear-bluetooth-headphones.html<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; David L. Willson wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dear Friends,<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Can anyone recommend a good stereo headset? Wireless is nice, but<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; not<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; required. I'm looking for something to wear while doing web-based<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; classes. I need both hands free to type during demonstrations, and<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; having to keep my head in a particular position to keep my mouth on<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; the mic is challenging for me; I tend to fidget, a lot.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; --<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; David L. Willson<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu_CP SUSE_CLA<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; http://sofree.us<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is a good time for a r3VOLution.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>