[SFS] Happy Birthday SFS Founder

Robert Racansky robert.racansky@gmail.com
Sat, 23 May 2015 06:18:54 -0600

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 11:54 PM, Robert Racansky
<robert.racansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Gary Romero <garomero@sofree.us> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know how many people realize it, but today is Mr. David "too many
>> Ls" Willson's birthday.
>>
>> Happy Birthday Mr. Willson!
>>
>> -Garheade
>> --
>

> So Dave shares the same birthday as Pac Man... >)
>

> http://www.wired.com/2015/05/pac-man-35th-anniversary/
>
> Pac-Man Turns 35 Today. So Here, Have Some Nostalgia
>
> Chris Kohler
> 05.22.15  ,  6:30 am
>
> Pac-Man, the biggest arcade game of all time, turns 35 today. Here’s a
> look back at the era when Pac-Man fever ruled the world.

And he also shares a birthday with ...

... with ...

... oh my ...

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/05/23/039259/25-years-today---windows-30

25 Years Today - Windows 3.0

posted by timothy on Friday May 22, 2015 @11:10PM
from the hindsight-is-warm-and-fuzzy dept.

An anonymous reader writes:

Windows 3.0 was launched on 22 May 1990 — I know, 'coz I was there as
a SDE on the team. I still have, um, several of the shrink-wrapped
boxes of the product — with either 3.5 inch and 5.25 floppies rattling
around inside them — complete with their distinctive 'I witnessed the
event' sticker!

It was a big deal for me, and I still consider Win 3 as *the* most
significant Windows' release, and I wonder what other Slashdotters
think, looking back on Win 3?