[SFS] Struggling with regex / file renaming

Matt James matuse@gmail.com
Thu, 14 Jul 2016 07:33:09 -0600

--001a114fcaa8fc80dc0537988a10

On Jul 14, 2016 7:07 AM, "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@thegeek.nu> wrote:

> Try storing the new filename in a variable and/or add quotes.
>
> n=$( echo $f | sed ... )
> echo mv "$f" "$n"

Thanks - I'll give it a try.

> Also, consider asking the ladies. We have a few smart ones on the list.

My bad.  I drafted the email to a select few and then changed to the list.
I failed to update the greeting, please excuse the error.

Matt

<snip>

--001a114fcaa8fc80dc0537988a10

 href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu">DLWillson@thegeek.nu</a>&gt; wrote:<b=
r>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Try storing the new filename in a variable and/or add quotes.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; n=3D$( echo $f | sed ... )<br>
&gt; echo mv &quot;$f&quot; &quot;$n&quot;</p>
&gt; Also, consider asking the ladies. We have a few smart ones on the list=
.</p>
hanged to the list. I failed to update the greeting, please excuse the erro=
r.</p>

--001a114fcaa8fc80dc0537988a10--