[SFS] Upcoming SFS Classes

Mike Shoup mike@shouptech.com
Mon, 10 Oct 2016 18:01:52 -0600

--001a11443cd27a1fcd053e8b9545

Just a small correction to the owncloud class, you just need a web browser
and SSH client. We will be doing it all in "the cloud" as it were.

I look forward to seeing a great turn out!

On Oct 10, 2016 4:12 PM, "Gary A. Romero" <garomero@sofree.us> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Wow, I can't believe it but we're planning two of our most popular classe=
> back to back over the next couple of weeks!
>
> Next Saturday at the SFS HQ, we'll be hosting the SFS Method. If you ever
> wanted to teach something to a coworker, or a group of coworkers, the SFS
> method is a fantastic way to approach it. Details are below [1], please
> bring a note/sketchbook and a couple difference colored pens or pencils
>
> Then on November 5th, Mike Shoup's incredibly popular OwnCloud class will
> be hosted at the Englewood public library. If you haven't heard of
> owncloud, think of dropbox only more secure! Details for this class are
> also below [2] please bring a laptop capable of running VM's.
>
> I really hope to see you all at both of these amazing classes.
>
> [1]
> Instructor: David Willson
> Date: 2016-10-15
> Time: 11:00am =E2=80=93 3:00pm
> Location: SFS HQ =E2=80=93 The Comfy Couch
> Donation: $16
>
> David L. Willson will be teaching the SFS Method, a simple framework for
> the design and delivery of technical classes. SFS Method was created with
> two people in mind, the student suffering through long, boring lectures,
> and the passionate subject-matter expert (SME) who would like to share
> his/her knowledge (ie: be a teacher). Few teachers want to cause students
> to suffer, and most students would rather learn the subject-matter withou=
> unnecessary misery.
>
> We=E2=80=99ll talk about and practice the SFS Method. We=E2=80=99ll criti=
que it, and if
> possible, we=E2=80=99ll make it better.
>
> If you are a lifelong learner, a SME, or an educator =E2=80=A6 I hope you=
 are all
> those things =E2=80=A6 if you=E2=80=99d like to explore what make some cl=
asses both fun and
> effective =E2=80=A6 and especially if you=E2=80=99d like to teach for SFS=
, please join us
> for a four-hour foray into the how-to of a good how-to class.
>

> [2]
> Teacher : Mike Shoup
>
> When : November 5th, 12PM =E2=80=93 4PM
>
> Where : Englewood Library: 1000 Englewood Pkwy, Englewood, CO 80110
>
> Donation : 0.125 BTC, 32 USD, or PWYC
>

> During this workshop you will build an Owncloud server where you can stor=
> your data and share it with your friends and family, and *only* your
> friends and family=E2=80=A6 Looking at you NSA (and Facebook, Google, Dro=
pBox, etc=E2=80=A6)

--001a11443cd27a1fcd053e8b9545

 a web browser and SSH client. We will be doing it all in &quot;the cloud&q=
uot; as it were.</p>
:12 PM, &quot;Gary A. Romero&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:garomero@sofree.us=
">garomero@sofree.us</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote cla=
ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pa=
dding-left:1ex">Hi All<br>
Wow, I can&#39;t believe it but we&#39;re planning two of our most popular =
classes back to back over the next couple of weeks!<br>
Next Saturday at the SFS HQ, we&#39;ll be hosting the SFS Method. If you ev=
er wanted to teach something to a coworker, or a group of coworkers, the SF=
S method is a fantastic way to approach it. Details are below [1], please b=
ring a note/sketchbook and a couple difference colored pens or pencils<br>
Then on November 5th, Mike Shoup&#39;s incredibly popular OwnCloud class wi=
ll be hosted at the Englewood public library. If you haven&#39;t heard of o=
wncloud, think of dropbox only more secure! Details for this class are also=
 below [2] please bring a laptop capable of running VM&#39;s.<br>
I really hope to see you all at both of these amazing classes.<br>
[1]<br>
Instructor: David Willson<br>
Location: SFS HQ =E2=80=93 The Comfy Couch<br>
Donation: $16<br>
David L. Willson will be teaching the SFS Method, a simple framework for th=
e design and delivery of technical classes. SFS Method was created with two=
 people in mind, the student suffering through long, boring lectures, and t=
he passionate subject-matter expert (SME) who would like to share his/her k=
nowledge (ie: be a teacher). Few teachers want to cause students to suffer,=
 and most students would rather learn the subject-matter without unnecessar=
y misery.<br>
We=E2=80=99ll talk about and practice the SFS Method. We=E2=80=99ll critiqu=
e it, and if possible, we=E2=80=99ll make it better.<br>
If you are a lifelong learner, a SME, or an educator =E2=80=A6 I hope you a=
re all those things =E2=80=A6 if you=E2=80=99d like to explore what make so=
me classes both fun and effective =E2=80=A6 and especially if you=E2=80=99d=
 like to teach for SFS, please join us for a four-hour foray into the how-t=
o of a good how-to class.<br>
[2]<br>
Teacher : Mike Shoup<br>
When : November 5th, 12PM =E2=80=93 4PM<br>
Where : Englewood Library: 1000 Englewood Pkwy, Englewood, CO 80110<br>
Donation : 0.125 BTC, 32 USD, or PWYC<br>
During this workshop you will build an Owncloud server where you can store =
your data and share it with your friends and family, and *only* your friend=
s and family=E2=80=A6 Looking at you NSA (and Facebook, Google, DropBox, et=
c=E2=80=A6)<br>
Gary (Garheade) Romero<br>
SFS Presence Monkey (<a href=3D"http://sofree.us" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://sofree.us</a>)<br>
Cell: <a href=3D"tel:303-895-6696" value=3D"+13038956696">303-895-6696</a><=
br>