[SFS] SFS Ruby Tuesdays

Gary A. Romero garomero@sofree.us
Wed, 4 Jan 2017 14:21:44 -0700 (MST)

Hi All,

I know there has been a lot of chatter about upcoming classes but I wanted to make sure one particular study group was at the top of your list.

Starting January 17th, the SFS will be hosting Duncan Fedde's Ruby Tuesdays. Below is the information on the class/study group:

*   Instructor: Duncan Fedde
*   Date: 2017-01-17 (Repeating on tuesdays for 7 weeks with exceptions.)
*   Time: 7:00pm
*   Location: Big Blue Button Server
*   Donation: $64

Ruby is a blend of Perl, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Ada, and Lisp described by its creator (Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto) as "simple in appearance, but is very complex inside, just like our human body". In this class we will learn the basics of this language as well as some of the culture through exercises and work on a capstone project. It is expected you have some experience with programming and a familiarity with the console.

Ruby Tuesdays will start on the 3rd Tuesday of January and run for 7 Tuesdays, skipping the second Tuesday of each month (to make room for CLUE) and any holidays.

looking forward to seeing you all there.

Gary (Garheade) Romero
SFS Presence Monkey (http://sofree.us)
GARomero@sofree.us
Cell: 303-895-6696