[SFS] outage notice: what goes up, must come down

David L. Willson DLWillson@TheGeek.NU
Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:17:54 -0600 (MDT)

------=_Part_2074_10736716.1498691874882

Sometime Wednesday, July 5th, CenturyLink Guy will be coming to upgrade the Internet link here at the Comfy Room from 20Mb DSL to 1Gb (1000Mb) fiber.

Unfortunately, that requires tearing down the whole circuit and building a new one, which means re-provisioning the IP addresses, which means the servers are going to go down, probably for about 24 hours, but it could be longer if things go badly. I'm going to try to minimize the time, of course, because I depend on these servers as much as (maybe more than) you guys do. *Don't* be having high-speed conversations over email that day, or if you are, move them to another email address or your phone.

Servers that will be unavailable during the transition:
- zimbra.thegeek.nu
- zimbra.sofree.us
- fishes.sofree.us
- mailman.thegeek.nu

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

------=_Part_2074_10736716.1498691874882

div style=3D'font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif; font-size: =
12pt; color: #000000'>Sometime Wednesday, July 5th, CenturyLink Guy will be=
 coming to upgrade the Internet link here at the Comfy Room from 20Mb DSL t=
o 1Gb (1000Mb) fiber.<br><br>Unfortunately, that requires tearing down the =
whole circuit and building a new one, which means re-provisioning the IP ad=
dresses, which means the servers are going to go down, probably for about 2=
4 hours, but it could be longer if things go badly. I'm going to try to min=
imize the time, of course, because I depend on these servers as much as (ma=
ybe more than) you guys do. *Don't* be having high-speed conversations over=
 email that day, or if you are, move them to another email address or your =
acher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>RHCE+Satellite CCAH Linux+ LPIC-1 SUSE_CLP L=
html>
------=_Part_2074_10736716.1498691874882--