[SFS] Nextcloud Class on Saturday (11/4) at 9am!

Mike Shoup mike@shouptech.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2017 08:07:49 -0600

--=-VhCHvOVFtUGzYf0WUvjp

I hope you all will join us Saturday at 9am in the Comfy Room and let
me introduce you to the world of Nextcloud!
(http://www.sofree.us/nextcloud-by-mike-shoup/)

I wanted to let you all know that I will be providing a cloud-based
server for you to install Nextcloud on, so all you need is a web
browser and SSH client. The server will be around for you to play with
for most of Saturday.

If, however, you'd like to install Nextcloud on a server of your own,
that would be awesome too! If you go this route (which means you get to
keep your Nextcloud server!), please be prepared with an Ubuntu 16.04
server and ensure that it's publicly accessible. Also, having a public
DNS name that resolves to the server and opening it up to ports 80 &
443 will ensure that we can generate an SSL certificate for it using
Let's Encrypt!.

I look forward to teaching a great class this year!

Thanks,
Mike Shoup

--=-VhCHvOVFtUGzYf0WUvjp

--=-VhCHvOVFtUGzYf0WUvjp--