[SFS] SFS Upcoming Events

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Thu Apr 19 11:06:19 MDT 2018

# Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)!

## Highlights

* Microservices And Container Management Talk/Demo downtown today! IT-NTL, Red Hat, Moonsault
* DevOps Camp has 4 days (8/25 - 8/28), 4 students, 8 open bunks, 2 teachers, 1 world-class chef, 6 objectives, and 1 flier!
* Bash Programming class is FULL!
* How about an full day or multi-day SFS class, at your corporate location? We would *love* to deliver a class specifically for you and your co-workers. Reach out to Heather to put together a proposal!  hlwillson at sofree.us or 303-229-3633

---

## IT-NTL - Microservices and Container Management w/ Red Hat and Moonsault
Thursday, April 19, 2018
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM

[IT-NTL meetup](https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl/events/249136724/)

at The Alliance Center (a big name for what's actually a nice little spot on Wynkoop)

We'll have David and Silvia from SFS, folks from Denver Microservices Meetup, and Red Hat Users Group.
And we'll probably have a few folks from Women Who Code Meetup, as well as Elaine Moreno from Equili organizer of Lady Coders Conference.

The keynote speaker will be Travis Nelson of Moonsault Consulting who will cover the basics of microservices and demo aspects of front-end management. He's a friend of Aaron Brown's of SFS (thanks for introducing us Aaron).2nd speaker will be Jim Garrett of Red Hat who will talk about how Openshift container platform supports microservices infrastructure.

---

## Bash Programming  - this class is FULL

Learn Bash programming by solving small, realistic problems that are well-suited to bash. An [Example Session](Session0/) ran on Wednesday, March 14th, Pi Day 2018

Starts Wednesday, April 18th at 7PM, and runs once a week, for 4 weeks

online (BigBlueButton or Zoom)

by David L. Willson

[SFS Meetup](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/gqdnmpyxgbxb)

---

## WWC: Ansible Workshop

Silvia Briscoe and Anthony will be speaking at Women Who Code

Ansible Workshop - May 2nd at 6:00P @ Sendgrid in Denver

[WWC Meetup](https://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-Boulder-Denver/events/qxbfkpyxhbdb/)

---

## Piper Computer Kit

Let's build. No admission without a kid. Being childish is not enough.

9AM Saturday, May 5th

at SFS HQ (The Comfy Room)

by David L. Willson

[SFS Meetup](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/247992528/)

---

## DevOps Camp

You could be a Dev Ops Hero (with stars in your eyes)

9AM Saturday, August 25th - 6PM Tuesday, August 28th

at Snow Mountain Ranch

by Aaron Brown and David L. Willson

[SFS Meetup](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/248266974)

---

## Coming soon from [IT-NTL](https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl):

## **AIops** w/ Chad Rodgers of [Advanced Systems Group(ASG)](https://www.virtual.com/)

  * this is a new hyped-up word coming round the bend at us but there is some real meat to it. Chad Rodgers is an engineer at ASG who has been doing a lot of work with Ansible, Elastic Search, and Python ML/AI for datacenter management. does a great job of cutting through the BS and giving a practical down-to-earth view into what AIops means and how it can help IT practitioners.

---

## Reminders

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
* We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
* We hang out in [Mattermost](https://mattermost.sofree.us/signup_user_complete/?id=yxm5sbjra7gsmkaj19ut3w6qgr).