[SFS] Upcoming events for August
David L. Willson
dlwillson at sofree.us
Wed Aug 1 13:43:05 MDT 2018
# Upcoming Events
Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)!
* There's a half-day class coming up to cover the basics of Linux, git, and Bash, but it's not ready by press-time. We'll send a follow-up.
* Update on the crowd funding effort:
Looks like we won't be able to raise enough to send both students but we did get enough for one to attend.
It turns out one of the two had a conflict that popped up anyway and had to bow out. So it worked out!
* Want to watch the fireside chat for DevOps Camp? Click [here] (https://www.facebook.com/softwarefreedomschool/videos/2107513229576255/)
* Want a quick snippet on DevOps Camp? Click [here] (https://vimeo.com/277852818)
* Looking for teachers for the latter half of the year for First Saturday classes! Is it YOU??
* Want a [custom] SFS class at your location? Email captains at sofree.us and we'll steer the fleet your way.
Learn Parseltongue and be amazed as you unleash an army of pythons to do your bidding!
Okay, maybe not, but come with us and learn to write Python code and you can drive your silicon slaves to do whatever your heart desires.
>From scraping web data to huge mathematical puzzles and back again to machine learning, there’s nothing this simple, all-purpose language can’t do!
Zac Champion will show you how to code in Python and exhibit a few of the many ways it can be practically used!
Saturday, Aug 4 9am - 1pm (show up any time after 8:30am)
at SFS Comfy Room 4237 W. Grand Ave. Denver, CO 80123
by Zac Champion
## What the Hell is AIOps? Ansible and Elasticsearch integration
- 8/21 at 6:00P at Code Talent - 3412 Blake Street, Denver
SFS ally IT-NTL and Advanced Systems Group will talk about what the latest buzzword "AIOps" really means, why they use Ansible and ElasticSearch integrated approach to automation/analysis platforms, and what the enormous benefits to IT organizations really is for this technology.
Real world use cases, architectural design, discussion and demo!
Practical benefits: IT operational efficiency, managing legacy and cloud resources together, application performance, improved security, big data aggregation/correlation for business insight
Food, drink, networking, pre-DevOps Camp party!
## DevOps Camp
Can good software be delivered quickly and safely? Yep. Come see.
9AM Saturday, August 25th - 6PM Tuesday, August 28th
at Snow Mountain Ranch
by Aaron Brown and David L. Willson
* GitLab By David L. Willson
* Linux Essentials by Gary Romero
* Salt by Alex Wise
* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
* We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
* We hang out in [Mattermost](https://mattermost.sofree.us/signup_user_complete/?id=yxm5sbjra7gsmkaj19ut3w6qgr).
More information about the SFS