[SFS] Upcoming Events for the Software Freedom School!

Heather L. Willson hlwillson at sofree.us
Tue Dec 11 17:33:55 MST 2018

Upcoming Events
Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? Click here !

Highlights

    * Hacking hours took place the first Saturday of this month, in the Comfy Room! Thanks to those of you who came to play. I hope you had as much fun as David did.
    * The SFS Board is putting together 12-24 classes for 2019 and we would LOVE your help! What classes do " You " or your " company " want to learn from in 2019? Please email Heather with your ideas @ hlwillson at sofree.us. Remember... they must be libre!
    * New venue for 2019 - Thanks to some new friends, we'll be holding quite a few classes at Code Talent in 2019. They are located on Blake Street in RiNo district of Denver. If you've never been there for a meetup, its a great venue for this that has everything you could possibly need to hold a class except tables. We're working on getting some light weight folding tables we can haul in there for classes. Let us know if you have some tables like this you could donate! We currently have 4 tables and the space will accommodate up to 32! YOWZA! Please invite ALL your friends to come play with SFS!
    * New teachers - We're also working on getting new teachers and getting them up to speed on the SFS method of teaching. If you would like to teach a class on any open source software please email Heather hlwillson at sofree.us

A Gentle, Hands-on Introduction to DNS with Chris Fedde
How DNS Works and Why You Care
Saturday, January 6th
10AM - 2PM MST
at Code Talent
RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/257003378/

Reminders

We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
We hang out in Mattermost.

Heather L. Willson
Software Freedom School
hlwillson at sofree.us