[SFS] Upcoming Events!

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Tue Feb 6 12:58:50 MST 2018

Hi everyone!

We had a blast at Duncan Fedde's Terraform class on Saturday. Very concise lesson plan with incremental steps that build on each other to create and modify resources in Google Cloud.

Then on Sunday Silvia Briscoe taught SFS Tteaching Method class for the first time and it was outstanding. I've taken SFS method before but Silvia brought new insight to it that made it well worth the repeat.

__________

Here's what's coming next:

- Feb 7 at the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs: Ansible and OpenShift with Red Hat
Details and RSVP: http://1enterprise.net/n/emergent_marketing/evites/rh_workshop_usaf_02072018.html

- Mar 3 at the Comfy Room: Continuous Integration with Aaron Brown
Aaron Brown will demystify continuous integration using straightforward, hands-on examples.
Details and RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/247224742/

- Second week of March: IT-NTL - Pushing the limits of Ansible - Advanced Systems Group is IT-NTL's main sponsor and will show case some of the functional programming they have developed to automate a wide range of use cases. Unique design decisions lead to novel methods of implementing Ansible concepts. From change control, to monitoring, document generation, and even machine learning, there is clearly no limit to what can be done.

Red Hat and Software Freedom School will join us as well!

Link to event coming soon!
www.meetup.com/it-ntl

- Apr 1 at the Comfy Room: Ansible with Mike Shoup (No fooling!)
Blurb coming next week
Links coming next week

- May 6 at the Comfy Room: Let's build a Piper with David L. Willson
David will lead a gang of children and childish adults in building a [Piper computer kit]( https://www.buildpiper.com/ )
Details: https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/issues/215
RSVP coming soon

- June: Kubernetes with Marcial White

- July: Penetrations and Remediations with Mike Harris

Reminders:

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
* We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
* We hang out in [Mattermost]( https://mattermost.sofree.us/signup_user_complete/?id=yxm5sbjra7gsmkaj19ut3w6qgr ).

Anthony Sayre
Software Freedom School
asayre at sofree.us