[SFS] [JOB - kinda] Seagate - Systems Test Engineer Intern

Matt James matuse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:32:47 MST 2018

Our team is looking for an intern.  If you or someone you know is
interested, apply or give me a shout.

Matt

to apply:
https://seagate.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/EXT/job/Longmont-United-States/Systems-Test-Engineer-Intern_181341

*About the Role:*
The intern's role will be to perform integration and verification testing
on the company’s leading edge storage technology solutions with OEM
customer applications. This is very much a hands-on role utilizing a broad
range of skills including embedded software / firmware engineering, but
also electrical / electronic and mechanical. It also involves the assembly,
installation and configuration of test systems, installation of Linux and
Windows operating systems and other software, the running of tests and the
interrogation of systems via the o/s command line and other tools.

*Projects may include:*

- Validation of Seagate storage products with our customer’s applications
running a variety of operating systems.

- Executing tests to a plan and reporting progress via our own web-based
management system.

- Raising and tracking defects in Jira.

- Performing performance, stress, data integrity, integration and
regression testing.

- Retesting and verification of defects.

- Installation and configuration of lab equipment and test systems i.e.
hardware modules, cabling, operating systems, software and advanced
analysis tools.

*About You:*
- Currently pursuing degree in Computer Science or relevant technical
field, and must be returning to school in fall 2018.

- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows environments.

- Ability to analyze, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical
issues.

- Work collaboratively with team members.

- Independent and self-motivated.

*About our Location:*
Walk into work every day with an exceptional view of the Rocky Mountains.
The Seagate campus is located in beautiful Longmont, Colorado. Play
ping-pong or outdoor volleyball during lunch. Take one of our ten workout
classes at our on-site fitness center. The Longmont office and product
design center offers an on-site cafeteria and barista. Less than an hour
from Denver and 15 minutes to Boulder, our community has all of the
exciting year-round outdoor activities of the gorgeous Rockies.

Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject
to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.

#internship