[SFS] Upcoming Events!

Zac Champion zchampion at sofree.us
Tue May 8 17:49:40 MDT 2018

Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? Click here !

Highlights

    * DevOps Camp has 4 days (8/25 - 8/28), 5 students, 7 open bunks, 2 teachers, 1 world-class chef, 6 objectives, and 1 flier! Don't miss the Mother's Day discount of $150 by signing up now - only 4 days left to take advantage!
    * How about an full day or multi-day SFS class, at your corporate location? We would *love* to deliver a class specifically for you and your co-workers. Reach out to Heather to put together a proposal! hlwillson at sofree.us or 303-229-3633

---

SFS Method

A simple, effective class-planning framework for Subject-Matter Experts who would like to teach. Builds your confidence to be a teacher for SFS classes! Talk/Demo/Pair and Share. This is a required class to teach for SFS.

9AM - 1PM Saturday, May 26 (Tentative)

at SFS Comfy Room

by Anthony Sayre (Tentative)

---

Kubernetes 101 with Marcial White

Kubernetes 101 - learn how containers work, why they're only half the virtualization puzzle, and orchestrate them in the bleeding edge stack, Kubernetes.

9AM Saturday, June 2nd

at SFS Comfy Room 4237 W. Grand Ave. Denver, CO 80123

by Marcial White

---

Penetrations and Remediation with Mike Harris

Mike Harris will bring the tools and expertise you need to learn about recently found security vulnerabilities and what they look like from the attacking & defending sides!

9AM Saturday, Jul 7

at SFS Comfy Room 4237 W. Grand Ave. Denver, CO 80123

by Mike Harris

---

DevOps Camp

You could be a Dev Ops Hero (with stars in your eyes)

9AM Saturday, August 25th - 6PM Tuesday, August 28th

at Snow Mountain Ranch

by Aaron Brown and David L. Willson

---

Coming soon from IT-NTL :
AIops w/ Chad Rodgers of [Advanced Systems Group(ASG)](https://www.virtual.com/)

    * This is a new hyped-up word coming round the bend, but there is some real meat to it. Chad Rodgers is an engineer at ASG who has been doing a lot of work with Ansible, Elastic Search, and Python ML/AI for datacenter management. He does a great job of cutting through the BS and giving a practical, down-to-earth view into what AIops means and how it can help IT practitioners!

---
Reminders

    * We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
    * We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
    * We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
    * We hang out in [Mattermost](https://mattermost.sofree.us/signup_user_complete/?id=yxm5sbjra7gsmkaj19ut3w6qgr).