[SFS] Upcoming Events for the Software Freedom School!

Heather L. Willson hlwillson at sofree.us
Tue Nov 6 13:17:50 MST 2018

Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here ]!
Hope everyone had fun trick or treating last week. Here are a few highlights from last week and our upcoming event in December.

Highlights

    * Mike Shoup's class went just like it always does.... AMAZING! Nice work Mike! We had a new student (thanks Gary for the referral!) and the students were even asking for more material!
    * SFS Method had 6 students and one of them attending from Berlin! Nice to have you with us again, Justin. It's really exciting and rewarding to have more people coming to this class. It helps SFS grow our teacher base which in turn will allow for more classes and more topics!
    * Speaking of! The Board is putting together 12-24 classes for 2019 and I would LOVE your suggestions! What classes do "You" or your "company" want to learn from in 2019? Do YOU want to TEACH a class in 2019? Please email Heather with your ideas @ hlwillson at sofree.us. Remember... they must be libre!
    * Are YOU a DevOps Engineer? Check out this article from LinkedIn Prime on how YOUR skill set is needed in the workplace!

Events

A Gentle, Hands-on Introduction to GitLab with David L. Willson

Learn how to use the features of GitLab: git SCM, Issues, Merge Requests, and CI.

Saturday, December 1st
9:00am - 1:00pm MST
at the Comfy Room

No RSVP yet. Please look for it on Meetup soon!

Reminders

    * We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
    * We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
    * We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
    * We hang out in [ Mattermost ].

Heather L. Willson
Software Freedom School
hlwillson at sofree.us