[SFS] Upcoming Events

David L. Willson dlwillson at sofree.us
Tue Oct 9 14:54:52 MDT 2018

# Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [go here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)

## Highlights

WE NEED CLASSES! We always want your class requests and offers, but right now, we are running very low! So, if you have knowledge you want to share, or you want some particular topic addressed, email Gary, the teacher coordinator, at GARomero at sofree.us

---

## Intro to Linux by Gary Romero

Gary will be covering the basics of the Linux Desktop for those that want to learn Linux but aren't sure where to start.

Saturday, October 20th, 2018
9:00am - 1:00pm MDT
at the Comfy Room

https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/254584043/

---

## Build Your Own Nextcloud Cloud by Mike Shoup

Mike will teach us how to build, use, and share data between our own Nextcloud cloud file storage servers.

Saturday, November 3
9:00am - 1:00pm MDT
at the Comfy Room

https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/255026096/

---

## A Gentle, Hands-on Introduction to GitLab by David L. Willson

Learn how to use the features of GitLab: git SCM, Issues, Merge Requests, and CI.

Saturday, December 1
9:00am - 1:00pm MDT
at the Comfy Room

No RSVP yet

## Reminders

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
* We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
* We hang out in [Mattermost](https://mattermost.sofree.us/signup_user_complete/?id=yxm5sbjra7gsmkaj19ut3w6qgr).