[SFS] Upcoming Events!

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Thu Sep 6 10:21:08 MDT 2018

Upcoming Events
Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? Click here !

Highlights
DevOps Camp 2018 is in the bag! Big thanks to Aaron Brown, VP Of DevOps at Flowhub and SFS board member/scrum master and teacher. He did a great job teaching, 4 straight days of grueling lecture/demo/assist for a bunch of us learners who sometimes needed hand-holding to get through labs.

And more thanks to Alex Wise, a student who morphed into a teacher's aid at DevOps Camp.

Because some of us needed even MORE hand-holding on top of Aaron's.

Saving the biggest thank you for David and Heather Willson and Gary Romero, the original conceivers of the camp concept and who provided plenty of guidance and leadership along the way.

______

Salt by Alex Wise

https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/253753311/

9am - 1pm Saturday, September 8th in the Comfy Room

Salt is open source software for modern IT automation. The Salt open source project was created in 2012 and today is used by tens of thousands of DevOps and Enterprise IT organizations to automate the management of data center infrastructure and application environments. Originally built to provide command and control of massive, complex technology implementations, Salt is also used for small, simple use cases.

______

Inspired Inclusion: Building an "And" culture in technology - A talk from Elaine Marino

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspired-inclusion-building-an-and-culture-in-tech-tickets-49243573855?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Tue, September 11, 2018 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM MDT

General Assembly @ RiNo 3825 N Lafayette St Denver, CO 80205

Elaine is a well-known advocate of diversity in the Denver tech community as well as a very good friend to Software Freedom School. If you work for a company that maybe doesn't do the best job of making diversity a priority, and/or you just want to network in these circles, attend this. Elaine knows a ton of people and goes out of her way to help make connections and promote similar efforts. She also runs a consulting company called Equi.li and puts on a conference every year called Lady Coders Conference. Men are absolutely welcome and encouraged to attend!

______

SysAdmin Day in the Comfy Room!

https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/253753768/

9am - 1pm Saturday September 22nd in the Comfy Room

Want to help work on SFS projects? Have an Opensource project of your own? Need help on an install? Come and join SFSers to play in the Comfy Room! Let's get our GEEK on!

______

Coming Soon! (to be posted in Meetup)
Openstack (10/6) By David L. Willson
Linux Essentials (10/20) by Gary Romero
Nextcloud (11/3) by Mike Shoup
Gitlab (12/1) by David L. Willson

Reminders
We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
We hang out in Mattermost.

Anthony Sayre
Software Freedom School

...where learning is libre...