[SFS] Upcoming Events

Gary Romero garomero at sofree.us
Wed Sep 12 08:49:26 MDT 2018

# Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)!

## Highlights

A big thanks to Alex Wise and his great Salt class!

Sysadmin day in the comfy room has been canceled. It will be rescheduled soon!

As always, we're looking for classes. Especially for the biggining of the year. If you have knowledge and want to share it with our students, please email me at garomero at sofree.us

---
## Inspired Inclusion: Building an "And" culture in technology - A talk from Elaine Marino

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inspired-inclusion-building-an-and-culture-in-tech-tickets-49243573855?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Tue, September 11, 2018
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM MDT

General Assembly @ RiNo
3825 N Lafayette St
Denver, CO 80205

Elaine is a well-known advocate of diversity in the Denver tech community as well as a very good friend to Software Freedom School. If you work for a company that maybe doesn't do the best job of making diversity a priority, and/or you just want to network in these circles, attend this. Elaine knows a ton of people and goes out of her way to help make connections and promote similar efforts. She also runs a consulting company called Equi.li and puts on a conference every year called Lady Coders Conference. Men are absolutely welcome and encouraged to attend!

---
## A gentle, Hands On introduction to Openstack with David Willson

Come learn all of the basics of Openstack with David Willson.

Saturday, October 6th, 2018
9:00am - 1:00pm MDT

https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/254583920/

---
## Intro to Linux

Gary Romero will be covering the basics of the Linux Desktop for those that want to learn linux but aren't sure where to start.

Saturday, October 20th, 2018
9:00am - 1:00pm MDT

https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/254584043/

---

## Coming Soon! (to be posted in Meetup)
* Nextcloud (11/3) by Mike Shoup
* Gitlab (12/1) by David L. Willson

## Reminders

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
* We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
* We hang out in [Mattermost](https://mattermost.sofree.us/signup_user_complete/?id=yxm5sbjra7gsmkaj19ut3w6qgr).