[SFS] free-form, accumulative survey

Wed Jan 2 21:18:06 MST 2019

Hey everyone,

I have a software challenge, and I can't think of an easy answer. I want to run a free-form, accumulative interest survey, so SFS can ratify or adjust its production schedule.

I want to be able to ask all of you, "What do you want to learn in 2019?" and let you enter whatever you like. Importantly, you should see what everyone before you entered, with a check-box, and how many people have voted in favor, and you should be able to add new things. *Maybe* (but I'm not sure on this one) you should be able to say how many hours you'd like to spend learning each thing.

Example:

1st respondent sees nothing, and responds: Ansible, Python, Bash

2nd respondent sees one vote each for Ansible, Python, Bash, and answers: Ansible, Python, Puppet, Java

3rd respondent sees two votes for each of Ansible and Python, one vote for each of Bash, Puppet, and Java, and answers... whatever they answer.

See what I mean? Can you think of any free software or survey site that does that? I know I could make a custom web-db app to do it... If nobody can think of something ready-made, who's interested in a little pair programming?

Our goal to send the survey is before the end of January. Go!

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.