[SFS] Upcoming Events: Python and DevOps and GitLab! Oh, my!

David L. Willson dlwillson at sofree.us
Tue Jan 22 20:24:28 MST 2019

# Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)!

## Highlights

- We did our first ever class at Code Talent on Jan 5th! It was a class on DNS with Chris Fedde - Here's a pic: https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/photos/29519407/477865000/
- We do office calls and custom courses. Just send an email to captains at sofree.us.
- Got a passion for something free-libre and want to share it? [Join the Teachers ML](lists.sofree.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sfs-teachers)

---

## Python 102 w/Zac Champion

Show up at 9:30 to get help with setting up your laptop. Class will begin at 10:00. Coffee and snacks will be provided.

Saturday, February 2nd
10AM - 2PM MST
at Code Talent

[RSVP Here!](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/257897395/)

## Intro To DevOps

We'll use Linux, Bash, Git, Gitlab, Docker, and AWS to create minimum viable DevOps continuous integration pipelines on our laptops. This class is based on content created by Aaron Brown, systems engineer and VP of DevOps at Flowhub.com. Aaron will be on-hand for questions and discussion.

Also some talk about learning through community, collaboration, and the concept of teaching others as learning/career development.

Saturday, February 16th
9AM - 5PM MST
at Code Talent

[RSVP Here!](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/257482237/)

## AGHI2 GitLab and GitLab.com

During this gentle, hands-on introduction to GitLab
We'll create pretend products (probably cheese sandwiches or pies).
We'll create product teams.
We'll iterate on our pretend products so quickly that our BitBucket/GitHub using competition will be driven into financial distress and then we will poach their developers. Muhhahah!
And a whole lot more....

Saturday, May 4th
9AM - 1PM MST
at Code Talent

[RSVP Here!](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/257902517/)

## Events In-planning

You can't RSVP to these yet.

* SFS Method: Plan to deliver a better class! with David L. Willson
* Docker with Duncan
* Containers from scratch with Go! with Derek

## Reminders

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
* We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
* Come hang out with us in [Mattermost](https://mm.sofree.us/sfs-team/channels/town-square)!