[SFS] Upcoming Events: scolarship funding Intro to DevOps w/ Gitlab and K8s

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Tue Jan 28 09:23:23 MST 2020

# Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)!

## Highlights

* We got funding for scholarships for upcoming Intro To DevOps class! From Apex Systems Recruiting. Anyone who wants to take this but needs a little help to do it, take a look now [here](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfiSI8keGto3fZv0HaQ5uydSqSlcLGLTMFnPQi8oLLW6DW6qg/viewform?usp=pp_url&entry.2103456709=2020-02-15+Intro+To+DevOps+w/Gitlab+and+K8s)

* We don't want to turn people away so we put our sponsorship money from good partners like Apex towards covering cost of the class rather than beer and pizza (nothing against beer and pizza)
---

# UPCOMING CLASSES

## Linux Sysadmin Night School: LFCS CSG

Eight two-hour live training sessions with two expert intructors. Deepen your understanding of Linux System Administration and prepare for the LFCS exam.

Instructors: GAR and DLW
Start: 7PM-9PM, Monday, February 3rd, and every Monday through March 2nd
Location: The Comfy Room and Zoom
4237 W Grand Ave, Littleton, CO
Price: $256 or PWYC (CSG tuition also applies to Linux Camp 2020, if it happens)

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW **MORE?**](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/mqpfnrybcdbfb/)

---

## Intro to DevOps (with Gitlab and Kubernetes)

One eight-hour smorgasbord to take you from Linux basics through Bash, Git, Continuous Integration, Docker, F5/Nginx, and **NEW** Kubernetes.
Instructors: Silvia, Anthony, and Alex
Start: 9AM-5PM, Saturday, February 15th
Location: CODE Talent
3412 Blake St · Denver, CO
Price: $256 or [PWYC](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_what_you_want)

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW **MORE?**](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/267124217/)

## Intro to Docker

A gentle hands-on Intro to Docker - more info coming
Instructors: TBD
Start: 9AM-1PM, Saturday, March 21st
Location: CODE Talent
3412 Blake St · Denver, CO
Price: $64

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW **MORE?**](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/266737100/)

## A Gentle, Hands-on Introduction to Ansible

Test drive the most powerful configuration management platform with an expert guide.
Instructors: David Willson
Start: 9AM-1PM, Saturday, April 4th
Location: CODE Talent
3412 Blake St · Denver, CO
Price: $32 or [PWYC](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_what_you_want)

[WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW **MORE?**](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/267248805)

If you don't see what you want, send your wish to captains at sofree.us! We definitely take requests!

## Reminders

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are professionals. Your "help wanted" and "job wanted" posts are welcome.
* Come hang out with us in [Mattermost](https://mm.sofree.us/sfs-team/channels/town-square)!