[SFS] HAProxy needs 5 more by Monday

Sat May 9 05:42:43 MDT 2020

16th, not 18th. Sheesh.

-------- Original message --------
From: "David L. Willson" <dlwillson at thegeek.nu>
Date: 5/8/20  9:30 AM  (GMT-07:00)
To: David L Willson <dlwillson at sofree.us>
Cc: sfs <sfs at lists.sofree.us>
Subject: Re: [SFS] HAProxy needs 5 more by Monday

Link! https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/270351178/From: "David L Willson" <dlwillson at sofree.us>To: "sfs" <sfs at lists.sofree.us>Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 9:28:25 AMSubject: [SFS] HAProxy needs 5 more by MondayDear school,If you want the HAProxy class to come out on Saturday, May 18th, please do a little work. Register, tell a friend about it, or both. If there aren't 7 registered by 5PM MST Monday, May 11th, the class will be "re-planned" (i.e. cancelled).What *is* HAProxy, even? It's software libre for load-balancing. So, it's a tool to help your web-farm be more performant and reliable, and an HTTP router, and a smart filter for your SMTP and SSH. It is the basis of many, if not most, of the load-balancer products in the world. Like PostgreSQL, it's liberally licensed, so proprietary products can be made from it. I personally prefer copyleft, but both copyleft and liberal are libre. In fact, as people that prefer liberal licenses will tell you, liberal is *more* free than copyleft. If BSD were not liberally licensed, there'd be no macOS. Don't say it... Anyway, enough about licenses.The point is, HAProxy is fast, reliable, and very, very free. It does HTTP and TCP proxy, stats, ACLs, all sorts of good things.If you want the class to happen, it's up to you! I haven't had and won't have time to do my usual event promotion things, so I'm handing off to you, school.--David L. Willson_______________________________________________SFS mailing listSFS at lists.sofree.ushttp://lists.sofree.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sfs