[SFS] Upcoming Events: Docker, OWASP, Web App Firewalls, and more!

SFS Heather hlwillson at sofree.us
Thu Oct 29 19:35:34 MDT 2020

Happy end of the week ya'll! I hope you've enjoyed the snow and the warm-ish weather. Have a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you in our upcoming classes!
Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [ https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md | Click here ] ! [ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#highlights ] Highlights

    * Hacking hours produced a lovely 3D printer! Thanks to Gary for blessing SFS with a new toy! We've already printed a cute puppy!
    * Today was our last Python peer-led study group. Thank you to Kyle for an amazing study! I hope you all had as much fun and David did!
    * If there is a link in the Meetup posting for a sign in sheet PLEASE take a minute or two to fill it out. It really helps us!
    * Help promote our classes by sharing the Meetup links on our FB ( [ https://www.facebook.com/softwarefreedomschool/?view_public_for=1409254222735496 | https://www.facebook.com/softwarefreedomschool/?view_public_for=1409254222735496 ] ), LinkedIn (ask to link with me linkedin.com/in/heatherwillson), or resharing on our twitter account (SFS303)

[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#upcoming-classes ] UPCOMING CLASSES

[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#online-2020-11-07-a-gentle-hands-on-introduction-to-linux-containers-using-docker-with-alex-wise ] ONLINE: 2020-11-07 A Gentle Hands-on Introduction to Linux Containers using Docker with Alex Wise

Linux container runtimes, like Docker, can be incredibly useful, providing immutable builds of applications that run the same on any machine.

They are useful for people who write and operate software, as well as hobbyists and experimenters.

There's a lot of hype around Linux containers, come learn what they can (and can't) offer you.

[ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/274108554/ | Register on Meetup ]

[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#online-2020-11-21-owasp-web-app-firewalls-and-cicd-pipelines-with-anthony-sayre ] ONLINE: 2020-11-21 OWASP, Web App Firewalls, and CI/CD pipelines with Anthony Sayre

Class Description: Do web app firewalls belong in CI/CD pipelines?

Discussion/Demo/Workshop on:

    *

Moving a containerized version of a web app firewall through a CI/CD pipeline
    *

How to use OWASP ZAP container to attack a webapp through the waf
    *

Autogenerate a vuln report, and save it as an artifact to your CI pipeline...
    *

Talk about whether any of that is worth the effort for more than an exercise.

[ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/274132215/ | Register on Meetup ]

[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#online-2020-12-05-proxmox-with-david-l-willson-and-troy-ridgley ] ONLINE: 2020-12-05 ProxMox with David L Willson and Troy Ridgley

Description and posting coming soon!

If you don't see what you want, send your wish to [ mailto:captains at sofree.us | captains at sofree.us ] ! We definitely take requests! [ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#reminders ] Reminders

    * We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
    * We are professionals. Your "help wanted" and "job wanted" posts are welcome.
    * Come hang out with us in [ https://mattermost.sofree.us/sfs303/channels/town-square | Mattermost ] !

Heather L. Willson
Software Freedom School
303-229-3633