[SFS] Teacher wanted for X11 and Wayland

David L. Willson dlwillson at thegeek.nu
Sun Feb 6 15:48:34 MST 2022

Please help me find someone who knows X and loves it enough to teach a 1, 2, or 4 hour hands-on class about it.

I've been running an alphabet series for Software Freedom School. We started at A is for Ansible, B is for Bash, C is for C... G is for (git)... M is for Make... R is for Ruby...and so on... We're getting dangerously close to X without having found a teacher. :-O

Can you teach it? Or, if not, can you introduce me to someone who can? Usually, the teacher earns enough for a nice dinner with the fave or just a burrito alone, but sometimes, they earn enough to buy a nice backpack. In this case, I'm willing to agree to an earning floor, if that makes the difference between having an expert teacher and having to do this peer to peer.

I can't think of anything better for X than X, can you?

X? Yes, X, X11, the X Window System, the protocol whereby GUI apps connect to screens to display their things.

What about Wayland? Yes, it would be lovely if the trainer for X included Wayland, because Wayland is the way of the ... well, the present, I guess. Fedora switched already, right?

What about Desktop Environments, like GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE, TWM, CDE, etc... Yes, it would be really lovely if the instructor for X included whatever they feel is a representative sample of the available desktop environments.

Well, what about remoting protocols like RDP, VNC, and well... X? Uh huh, yeah, great, great idea. The point here is that I NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ENOUGH X TO BE THE EXPERT AND LOVES IT ENOUGH TO TEACH.

Thank you for reading. Thanks even more if you help solve the problem.

-- David L. Willson, 720-333-LANS