[SFS] Chris Roberts: Professional Hacker Interview

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Fri Jan 21 09:10:54 MST 2022

Hi all, I'm a long time teacher for SFS and also run another meetup called IT for Non-Traditional Learners (IT-NTL). I started IT-NTL years ago with a somewhat different purpose. I haven't done much with it for a couple years but held onto it anyway.

For 2022 I wanted to try something new: Interviews.

1st up is an interview with Chris Roberts: Professional Hacker. I've known him a few years and he's probably the most interesting interview guest I can think of so I'm glad he agreed to do it. Sign up if you want to hear his thoughts on his own life and career. Wins, regrets, struggles, fun stories. I find it very encouraging to hear the human side of tech and cybersecurity, if you do too, you'll love this.

[Chris Roberts Interview sign-up link]: [ https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl/events/282642014/ | https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl/events/282642014/ ]

Also I'm helping at SFS put on a couple classes in Feb aimed at helping those new to tech or mid-career IT pros who want to upskill get some foundation in a couple of big areas: Cloud and DevOps. Gotta be willing to get up early on a Saturday/Sunday and spend all day (remotely or in-person) with some fun teachers who you may or may not know real well.

Take a look if you think this applies to you:

[Cloud Computing Fundamentals ]: [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/283310251/ | https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/283310251/ ]

[Intro to DevOps]: [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/283309357/ | https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/283309357/ ]

- Anthony