[SFS] A movie

Will sfs@thegeek.nu
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:55:41 -0700

--047d7bea409c9ff67f04edbf794e

It basically comes down to the author's statement that one accepts that
only physical things can be property or one does not understand economics.
 Then to top it off the author quotes an extremely simplistic definition of
property as a proof.

What is considered tradable and protected property is highly dependent on a
societies' values.  Anything can be tradable property as long as a society
deems it so.

Wikipedia has a lot of good information on the subject including summaries
of the various philosophies involved.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi@anselmi.us>wrote:

> Will wrote:
>
>> I think your signature indicates that this link was meant as a funny poke
>> but I am not sure.
>>

> Since Willson didn't send a link my comments were tongue in cheek.  I have
> no idea how the article and the movie might relate (and FWIW, the trailer
> isn't available it seems so I have relatively little motivation to watch
> the movie).
>

>  Anyways I loss count of the number of ways I disagreed with it and found
>> it insulting to a
>> competence person's intelligence.
>>

> I'm still surprised how easily some people take offense.  But the fact
> that you're offended isn't very interesting to me.  Would you care to
> comment on what you disagree with and the basis for your disagreement?
>  Then the rest of us might better understand your perspective.
>
> Dave

--047d7bea409c9ff67f04edbf794e

 one accepts that only physical things can be property or one does not unde=
rstand economics. =A0Then to top it off the author quotes an extremely simp=
listic definition of property as a proof.<div>
 dependent on a societies&#39; values. =A0Anything can be tradable property=
f good information on the subject including summaries of the various philos=
ophies involved.</div>
br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM, David L. An=
selmi <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:anselmi@anselmi.us" target=3D=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"im">Will wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I think your signature indicates that this link was meant as a funny poke<b=
r>
but I am not sure.<br>
Since Willson didn&#39;t send a link my comments were tongue in cheek. =A0I=
 have no idea how the article and the movie might relate (and FWIW, the tra=
iler isn&#39;t available it seems so I have relatively little motivation to=
 watch the movie).<div class=3D"im">
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Anyways I loss count of the number of ways I disagreed with it and found it=
 insulting to a<br>
competence person&#39;s intelligence.<br>
I&#39;m still surprised how easily some people take offense. =A0But the fac=
t that you&#39;re offended isn&#39;t very interesting to me. =A0Would you c=
are to comment on what you disagree with and the basis for your disagreemen=
t? =A0Then the rest of us might better understand your perspective.<br>