Linux Showdown (was Re: [SFS] OT: Old-time radio zombie podcast)

David L. Anselmi sfs@thegeek.nu
Fri, 08 Nov 2013 22:44:18 -0700

Gary A. Romero wrote:
> You did better then me. I did learn that I need to know a lot more about apache!

I like the way the answers showed you how to verify that your changes worked--but I don't think you
get the top time if you do those steps.  One of the things I didn't do was restart services and
checking would have made that more obvious.

But I wonder.  Sure, if you want to be a LAMP monkey the day 1 stuff might be a good test.  But the
next time I install a web server it probably won't be apache.  It will be something simpler and
lighter weight.  Of course the companies that insist on running RHEL will also probably use apache.

Dave