[SFS] IRC

Robert Pickett sfs@thegeek.nu
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:00:13 -0700

--------------080709010408080601020402

I left

-Robert

On 11/18/2013 9:41 AM, Chris Fedde wrote:
> At your convenience can you please part from #sofreeus?  To recover
> channel ops we need to vacate the channel.
>
> thanks
> chris
>

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Gary Romero
> <randomincolorado@gmail.com <mailto:randomincolorado@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've heard rumors of people's IP's being blacklisted after putting
>     up ircs... Unconfirmed rumors but still, one more reason not to
>     host our own.
>
>     On Nov 15, 2013 8:15 PM, "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@thegeek.nu
>     <mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu>> wrote:
>
>         I'm grateful for your help on this, Chris.
>
>         --
>         David L. Willson
>         Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
>         RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
>         Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>
>         This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

>             At the moment none of us have channel ops.  I'm
>             negotiating to get that fixed. As soon as I get that fixed
>             I'll unset the registration mode.   At the moment I'm in
>             the hurry up and wait phase.
>
>             I see that the ip of the sender of my registration
>             confirmation from is in dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net
>             <http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist/uceprotect> and no
>             other list checked by
>             http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check. (the sender
>             IP was 198.50.184.119)
>
>             IRC is a highly distributed service. do 'dig
>             irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>' to see a list
>             of some of the servers that participate.  This does not
>             however have much relation to the source of the
>             confirmation email.
>
>             I've given up on the bot I was going to use to manage
>             ops.  I'll be continuing work in a different tack as time
>             and availability allows.
>
>             I'd recommend not giving up on freenode yet. It is the
>             current best managed IRC network available today.  Perhaps
>             that is not saying much but it does afford us a bit more
>             support than we might want to manage our self?  A public
>             IRC server becomes a conduit for wares, spam and other
>             nefarious uses.  I'd just as soon let others take on that
>             responsibility.
>
>             That's my $0.02
>             chris

--------------080709010408080601020402

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    I left<br>
    -Robert<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAPwZOK7zBZbpwoQtU2m=jMj5YgNheZG34zOhKvqNzwNUE4NRCQ@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        #sofreeus? &nbsp;To recover channel ops we need to vacate the
        channel.
          On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Gary Romero <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
              moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:randomincolorado@gmail.com" target="_blank">randomincolorado@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
              blacklisted after putting up ircs... Unconfirmed rumors
              but still, one more reason not to host our own.</p>
                  L. Willson" &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu" target="_blank">DLWillson@thegeek.nu</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br type="attribution">
                    .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                        Roman">I'm grateful for your help on this,
                        Chris.<span><br>
                          David L. Willson<br>
                          Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>
                          RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1
                          UbuntuCP NovellCLA<br>
                          Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)<br>
                          This is a good time for a r3VOLution.<span
                            name="x"></span><br>
                        <hr>
                          style="padding-left:5px;font-size:12pt;font-style:normal;margin-left:5px;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;border-left:2px
                          solid rgb(16,16,255)">
                              ops.&nbsp; I'm negotiating to get that fixed.&nbsp;
                              As soon as I get that fixed I'll unset the
                              registration mode.&nbsp;&nbsp; At the moment I'm in
                              the hurry up and wait phase.<br>
                              registration confirmation from is in <a
                                moz-do-not-send="true"
                                href="http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist/uceprotect"
                                target="_blank">dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net</a>
                              and no other list checked by <a
                                moz-do-not-send="true"
                                href="http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check"
                                target="_blank">http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check</a>.&nbsp;
                              (the sender IP was 198.50.184.119)<br>
                              do 'dig <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                                href="http://irc.freenode.net"
                                target="_blank">irc.freenode.net</a>' to
                              see a list of some of the servers that
                              participate.&nbsp; This does not however have
                              much relation to the source of the
                              confirmation email.<br>
                              use to manage ops.&nbsp; I'll be continuing
                              work in a different tack as time and
                              availability allows.<br>
                              yet. It is the current best managed IRC
                              network available today.&nbsp; Perhaps that is
                              not saying much but it does afford us a
                              bit more support than we might want to
                              manage our self?&nbsp; A public IRC server
                              becomes a conduit for wares, spam and
                              other nefarious uses.&nbsp; I'd just as soon
                              let others take on that responsibility.<br>

--------------080709010408080601020402--