[SFS] IRC

Chris Fedde sfs@thegeek.nu
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:05:07 -0700

--047d7b3a99f8c5f73004eb768c66

All,

We now have a channel op in the channel.  I'll attempt to keep that for the
cfedde_bot denizen.  Please feel free to rejoin at your convenience.

My bot is not quite fully functional yet but the cfedde_bot user is
connecting from an expected reliable server.

I'll op users as they join.  Feel free to do the same yourself.

chris

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Robert Pickett <wcktklwn@wcktklwn.net>wrote:

>  I left
>
> -Robert
>

> On 11/18/2013 9:41 AM, Chris Fedde wrote:
>
> At your convenience can you please part from #sofreeus?  To recover
> channel ops we need to vacate the channel.
>
>  thanks
> chris
>

>  On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Gary Romero <randomincolorado@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I've heard rumors of people's IP's being blacklisted after putting up
>> ircs... Unconfirmed rumors but still, one more reason not to host our own.
>>  On Nov 15, 2013 8:15 PM, "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@thegeek.nu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  I'm grateful for your help on this, Chris.
>>>
>>> --
>>> David L. Willson
>>> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
>>> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
>>> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>>>
>>> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>>  At the moment none of us have channel ops.  I'm negotiating to get
>>> that fixed.  As soon as I get that fixed I'll unset the registration
>>> mode.   At the moment I'm in the hurry up and wait phase.
>>>
>>>  I see that the ip of the sender of my registration confirmation from
>>> is in dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net<http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist/uceprotect>and no other list checked by
>>> http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check.  (the sender IP was
>>> 198.50.184.119)
>>>
>>>  IRC is a highly distributed service.  do 'dig irc.freenode.net' to see
>>> a list of some of the servers that participate.  This does not however have
>>> much relation to the source of the confirmation email.
>>>
>>>  I've given up on the bot I was going to use to manage ops.  I'll be
>>> continuing work in a different tack as time and availability allows.
>>>
>>>  I'd recommend not giving up on freenode yet. It is the current best
>>> managed IRC network available today.  Perhaps that is not saying much but
>>> it does afford us a bit more support than we might want to manage our
>>> self?  A public IRC server becomes a conduit for wares, spam and other
>>> nefarious uses.  I'd just as soon let others take on that responsibility.
>>>
>>>  That's my $0.02
>>>  chris

--047d7b3a99f8c5f73004eb768c66

annel. =A0I&#39;ll attempt to keep that for the cfedde_bot denizen. =A0Plea=
bot is not quite fully functional yet but the cfedde_bot user is connecting=
 from an expected reliable server.</div>
M, Robert Pickett <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:wcktklwn@wcktklwn=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      wrote:<br>
        #sofreeus? =A0To recover channel ops we need to vacate the
        channel.
          On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Gary Romero <span dir=3D"ltr">&l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:randomincolorado@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">randominc=
olorado@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
eing
              blacklisted after putting up ircs... Unconfirmed rumors
              but still, one more reason not to host our own.</p>
avid
                  L. Willson&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.=
nu" target=3D"_blank">DLWillson@thegeek.nu</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br type=3D"attribution">
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
man">I&#39;m grateful for your help on this,
                        Chris.<span><br>
                          David L. Willson<br>
                          Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>
                          RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1
                          UbuntuCP NovellCLA<br>
                          Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)<br>
                          This is a good time for a r3VOLution.<span name=
=3D"x"></span><br>
                        <hr>
t;font-style:normal;margin-left:5px;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;=
text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;border-left:2px solid rgb(16,16,255=
)">

                              ops.=A0 I&#39;m negotiating to get that fixed=
.=A0
                              As soon as I get that fixed I&#39;ll unset th=
                              registration mode.=A0=A0 At the moment I&#39;=
m in
                              the hurry up and wait phase.<br>
                              registration confirmation from is in <a href=
=3D"http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist/uceprotect" target=3D"_blank">dn=
sbl-2.uceprotect.net</a>
                              and no other list checked by <a href=3D"http:=
//whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check" target=3D"_blank">http://whatismyi=
paddress.com/blacklist-check</a>.=A0
                              (the sender IP was 198.50.184.119)<br>
                              do &#39;dig <a href=3D"http://irc.freenode.ne=
t" target=3D"_blank">irc.freenode.net</a>&#39; to
                              see a list of some of the servers that
                              participate.=A0 This does not however have
                              much relation to the source of the
                              confirmation email.<br>
                              use to manage ops.=A0 I&#39;ll be continuing
                              work in a different tack as time and
                              availability allows.<br>
                              yet. It is the current best managed IRC
                              network available today.=A0 Perhaps that is
                              not saying much but it does afford us a
                              bit more support than we might want to
                              manage our self?=A0 A public IRC server
                              becomes a conduit for wares, spam and
                              other nefarious uses.=A0 I&#39;d just as soon
                              let others take on that responsibility.<br>

--047d7b3a99f8c5f73004eb768c66--