[SFS] IRC

Chris Fedde sfs@thegeek.nu
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:29:02 -0700

--047d7b4720785a937104eb76e2fa

A big part of my thinking on these topics is influenced by my understanding
of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson@thegeek.nu>wrote:

> Yay! Thanks Chris!
>
> And you're right about what you said, during our philosophy discussion
> over beers after CLUE. I think it was you, anyway. We were talking about
> the Golden Rule and un-guarded apples, and you suggested that we ask a 3rd
> party for his opinion. I've been thinking about it quite a bit. I'm also
> going to start studying Universally Preferable Behavior and see what it has
> to say about un-guarded apples.
>

> --
> David L. Willson
> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>
> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> All,
>
> We now have a channel op in the channel.  I'll attempt to keep that for
> the cfedde_bot denizen.  Please feel free to rejoin at your convenience.
>
> My bot is not quite fully functional yet but the cfedde_bot user is
> connecting from an expected reliable server.
>
> I'll op users as they join.  Feel free to do the same yourself.
>
> chris
>

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Robert Pickett <wcktklwn@wcktklwn.net>wrote:
>
>>  I left
>>
>> -Robert
>>

>> On 11/18/2013 9:41 AM, Chris Fedde wrote:
>>
>> At your convenience can you please part from #sofreeus?  To recover
>> channel ops we need to vacate the channel.
>>
>>  thanks
>> chris
>>

>>  On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Gary Romero <randomincolorado@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I've heard rumors of people's IP's being blacklisted after putting up
>>> ircs... Unconfirmed rumors but still, one more reason not to host our own.

--047d7b4720785a937104eb76e2fa

 my understanding of=A0Maslow&#39;s hierarchy of needs.</div><div class=3D"=
15 AM, David L. Willson <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@t=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-famil=
y:Times New Roman">Yay! Thanks Chris!<br><br>And you&#39;re right about wha=
t you said, during our philosophy discussion over beers after CLUE. I think=
 it was you, anyway. We were talking about the Golden Rule and un-guarded a=
pples, and you suggested that we ask a 3rd party for his opinion.  I&#39;ve=
 been thinking about it quite a bit. I&#39;m also going to start studying U=
niversally Preferable Behavior and see what it has to say about un-guarded =
apples.<div>
son<br>Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Lin=
yle:normal;margin-left:5px;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;text-deco=
ration:none;font-weight:normal;border-left:2px solid rgb(16,16,255)"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">
l attempt to keep that for the cfedde_bot denizen. =A0Please feel free to r=
fully functional yet but the cfedde_bot user is connecting from an expected=
 reliable server.</div>

M, Robert Pickett <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:wcktklwn@wcktklwn=

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      wrote:<br>
        #sofreeus? =A0To recover channel ops we need to vacate the
        channel.
          On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Gary Romero <span dir=3D"ltr">&l=
t;<a href=3D"mailto:randomincolorado@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">randominc=
olorado@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
er-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
eing
              blacklisted after putting up ircs... Unconfirmed rumors
              but still, one more reason not to host our own.</p>
avid
                  L. Willson&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.=
nu" target=3D"_blank">DLWillson@thegeek.nu</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
man">I&#39;m grateful for your help on this,
                        Chris.<span><br>
                          David L. Willson<br>
                          Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>
                          RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1
                          UbuntuCP NovellCLA<br>
                          Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)<br>
                          This is a good time for a r3VOLution.<span></span=
                        <hr>
t;font-style:normal;margin-left:5px;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;=
text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;border-left:2px solid rgb(16,16,255=
)">

                              ops.=A0 I&#39;m negotiating to get that fixed=
.=A0
                              As soon as I get that fixed I&#39;ll unset th=
                              registration mode.=A0=A0 At the moment I&#39;=
m in
                              the hurry up and wait phase.<br>
                              registration confirmation from is in <a href=
=3D"http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist/uceprotect" target=3D"_blank">dn=
sbl-2.uceprotect.net</a>
                              and no other list checked by <a href=3D"http:=
//whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check" target=3D"_blank">http://whatismyi=
paddress.com/blacklist-check</a>.=A0
                              (the sender IP was 198.50.184.119)<br>
                              do &#39;dig <a href=3D"http://irc.freenode.ne=
t" target=3D"_blank">irc.freenode.net</a>&#39; to
                              see a list of some of the servers that
                              participate.=A0 This does not however have
                              much relation to the source of the
                              confirmation email.<br>
                              use to manage ops.=A0 I&#39;ll be continuing
                              work in a different tack as time and
                              availability allows.<br>
                              yet. It is the current best managed IRC
                              network available today.=A0 Perhaps that is
                              not saying much but it does afford us a
                              bit more support than we might want to
                              manage our self?=A0 A public IRC server
                              becomes a conduit for wares, spam and
                              other nefarious uses.=A0 I&#39;d just as soon
                              let others take on that responsibility.<br>

--047d7b4720785a937104eb76e2fa--