[SFS] helpdesk / hacker hours

Gary Romero sfs@thegeek.nu
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 14:34:14 -0600

Now that I think about it. One of the problem with the current IRC
help channels is the amount of noise in those channels. Anyone that
has gone into the #ubuntu channel looking for help can tell you its
very overwhelming.

Those of us that remember the AOL chatrooms don't really have that
many issues in IRC channels but once you've hit about 30 people in a
channel it gets really difficult to make sense of the various
conversations going on.
Gary Romero

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Gary Romero <randomincolorado@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps we could list the available help channels on the SFS website
> (once its online)?
> Gary Romero
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Will <will.sterling@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not to be Deby downer but aren't there already 8000+ channels on FreeNode
>> that already do exactly what you are thinking of and 24/7?
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM, <gary@romerohub.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If we use freenode they already have a web client.
>>>
>>> "Byrne, Kevin" <Kevin.Byrne@rtd-denver.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If someone cannot figure out how to log into an IRC channel to ask Linux
>>> questions, maybe we should point that person to the fine selection of Apple
>>> products available to them. ☺
>>>
>>> Though I do like the web client idea, as corporate firewalls are not
>>> always IRC friendly.
>>>
>>> Kevin Byrne
>>> Computer Support Analyst
>>>
>>> Regional Transportation District
>>> 1900 31st street | Denver, CO 80216  | RTD MC: DO-M2
>>> 303.299.6193 (O) | 303.299.6191 (F) | 720.394.0037 (C)