[SFS] helpdesk / hacker hours

Chris Fedde sfs@thegeek.nu
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:48:21 -0600

--e89a8fb1ef6ab089ca04e60e7666

A way I pass time on irc is by subscribing and hanging out in a dozen or so
different channels on topics of interest to me.  When interesting topics
come up I'll pipe up when I think I have something to contribute.   I'd be
very happy to add an SFS channel to the list of channels I subscribe to.

I'd recommend just starting a new channel over on irc.freenode.com and
start advertising that it exists.

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson@thegeek.nu>wrote:

> What if we took it in turns to run an IRC channel? People could come in
> between 6PM and 10PM any week-night and be guaranteed to have a free
> software fellow around to field their question.
>
> oldbies: Would that be fun? Would you want to try it?
>
> newbies: Would you use a service like that? OK, what if there were a
> web-hosted, preconfigured IRC client, so you don't have to figure out the
> IRC thing, just go to our web-site, type in your name or pseudonym and
> click "help".
>
> --
> David L. Willson
> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
>
> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

--e89a8fb1ef6ab089ca04e60e7666

 in a dozen or so different channels on topics of interest to me. =A0When i=
nteresting topics come up I&#39;ll pipe up when I think I have something to=
 contribute. =A0 I&#39;d be very happy to add an SFS channel to the list of=
 channels I subscribe to.<div>
f=3D"http://irc.freenode.com">irc.freenode.com</a> and start advertising th=
mail_quote">
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM, David L. Willson <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu" target=3D"_blank">DLWillson@thegeek.nu=
:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ook it in turns to run an IRC channel?<span> People could come in between 6=
PM and 10PM any week-night and be guaranteed to have a free software fellow=
 around to field their question.<br>
ould you use a service like that? OK, what if there were a web-hosted, prec=
onfigured IRC client, so you don&#39;t have to figure out the IRC thing, ju=
st go to our web-site, type in your name or pseudonym and click &quot;help&=
quot;.<br>
angelist<br>RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCL=

--e89a8fb1ef6ab089ca04e60e7666--