[SFS] Powertools for Primates, a Puppet Primer

David L. Willson DLWillson@TheGeek.NU
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:53:31 -0700 (MST)

Puppet Class will go from 9AM to 2:45pm. That'll give us a few minutes to get out of the way of the 3D class in the afternoon.

Bring:
- a laptop with at least 2GB memory and 16GB available hard drive space
- a few tasks you perform on nearly every Linux box you build
- $64 ( or PWYC <http://www.sofree.us/?page_id=1462> )

If possible, please do this before class:
- install or update your preferred desktop virtualization product
- setup a couple Linux VM's

I like Ubuntu and CentOS on Virtualbox, but it's entirely up to you. Everything we do should work on any Linux box. That's kinda the point. And I don't care which desktop virtualization product you use, but Virtualbox is free as in beer, free as in speech, and it does most of what Vmware Workstation does.

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.