[SFS] Upcoming Events - Co-work, SFS Method, Terraform, etc.

Dustin Boyd duboyd@redhat.com
Tue, 26 Dec 2017 13:26:32 -0700

--001a113dae544981e00561441958

Red Hat Satellite event RSVP is at
https://www.meetup.com/CO-RHUG-Denver/events/246136617/?_cookie-check=Q1z56ez9xJa8vKyr

Hopefully we will see a lot of the SFS family there.

On Dec 26, 2017 12:47, "David L. Willson" <DLWillson@thegeek.nu> wrote:

Co-work in the Comfy Room, tomorrow!
> On December 27th, SFS will be hosting Work from the Comfy Room. If
> you work remote, or can work from home for a day, come work with us!
> From 9:00am until 5:00pm, the SFS HQ comfy room will be open to
> anyone who wants to come.
> * Details and RSVP:
> http://www.sofree.us/co-work-at-the-comfy-room-dec-27th-2017/

SFS Method (for great teaching), next Saturday
> For January's SFFS, David L. Willson will be teaching the SFS Method,
> a simple, effective class-planning framework for Subject-Matter
> Experts who would like to teach.
> * Details and RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/245889850/

Linux Basix with Anthony and friends, late January
> On January 13th, IT-NTL will be doing a second session of Linux
> Basics Review.
> * Details will be available at the IT-NTL meetup page soon:
> https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl/

RH Satellite, late January
> The Red Hat Users Group is now cosponsored by Advanced Systems Group
> (our great friends!) Jan 23rd at 6:00pm at Comcast in South Denver -
> Subject will be Satellite.
> * A link to RSVP will be coming soon

Terraforming with Duncan, February 1st Saturday
> In February, Duncan Fedde will be teaching how to use Terraform, a
> great way to manage infrastructure as code.
> * Details: http://www.sofree.us/terraform-by-duncan-fedde-02-03-2017/

Coming soon / planning:
* Continuous Integrations (March?)
* Crypto Currency: Mining and Trading
* Pi Kids: Let's build the Piper (suggestions here:
https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/issues/215)

Send your event suggestions

> Reminders:
> * This is a group of lifelong learners. Please share learning
> opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
> * This is a group of friends. You can post just about anything, but
> if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an
> "OT:" in front of it.
> * This is also a group of working professionals. Please post your
> help wanted and job wanted here.
> * We hang out in Mattermost, come join and chat with us.
> https://mattermost.sofree.us

--001a113dae544981e00561441958

ttps://www.meetup.com/CO-RHUG-Denver/events/246136617/?_cookie-check=3DQ1z5=
6ez9xJa8vKyr">https://www.meetup.com/CO-RHUG-Denver/events/246136617/?_cook=
=3D"auto">Hopefully we will see a lot of the SFS family there.<br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_extra" dir=3D"auto"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Dec 26, 20=
17 12:47, &quot;David L. Willson&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:DLWillson@theg=
eek.nu">DLWillson@thegeek.nu</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockq=
uote class=3D"quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;=
padding-left:1ex">Co-work in the Comfy Room, tomorrow!<br>
&gt; On December 27th, SFS will be hosting Work from the Comfy Room. If<br>
&gt; you work remote, or can work from home for a day, come work with us!<b=
r>
&gt; From 9:00am until 5:00pm, the SFS HQ comfy room will be open to<br>
&gt; anyone who wants to come.<br>
&gt; * Details and RSVP:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.sofree.us/co-work-at-the-comfy-room-dec-27th-201=
7/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.sofree.us/co-work-<wbr>=
SFS Method (for great teaching), next Saturday<br>
&gt; For January&#39;s SFFS, David L. Willson will be teaching the SFS Meth=
od,<br>
&gt; a simple, effective class-planning framework for Subject-Matter<br>
&gt; Experts who would like to teach.<br>
&gt; * Details and RSVP: <a href=3D"https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/=
245889850/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.meetup.com/<wb=
r>sofreeus/events/245889850/</a><br>
Linux Basix with Anthony and friends, late January<br>
&gt; On January 13th, IT-NTL will be doing a second session of Linux<br>
&gt; Basics Review.<br>
&gt; * Details will be available at the IT-NTL meetup page soon:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">https://www.meetup.com/it-ntl/</a><br>
RH Satellite, late January<br>
&gt; The Red Hat Users Group is now cosponsored by Advanced Systems Group<b=
r>
&gt; (our great friends!) Jan 23rd at 6:00pm at Comcast in South Denver -<b=
r>
&gt; Subject will be Satellite.<br>
&gt; * A link to RSVP will be coming soon<br>
Terraforming with Duncan, February 1st Saturday<br>
&gt; In February, Duncan Fedde will be teaching how to use Terraform, a<br>
&gt; great way to manage infrastructure as code.<br>
&gt; * Details: <a href=3D"http://www.sofree.us/terraform-by-duncan-fedde-0=
2-03-2017/" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.sofree.us/<wbr>=
Coming soon / planning:<br>
* Continuous Integrations (March?)<br>
* Crypto Currency: Mining and Trading<br>
* Pi Kids: Let&#39;s build the Piper (suggestions here: <a href=3D"https://=
gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/issues/215" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blan=
Send your event suggestions<br>
&gt; Reminders:<br>
&gt; * This is a group of lifelong learners. Please share learning<br>
&gt; opportunities, even if they&#39;re not produced by SFS.<br>
&gt; * This is a group of friends. You can post just about anything, but<br=

&gt; if it doesn&#39;t have to do with learning free-libre software, stick =
an<br>
&gt; &quot;OT:&quot; in front of it.<br>
&gt; * This is also a group of working professionals. Please post your<br>
&gt; help wanted and job wanted here.<br>
&gt; * We hang out in Mattermost, come join and chat with us.<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"https://mattermost.sofree.us" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"=
_blank">https://mattermost.sofree.us</a><br>