[SFS] [SFS} Upcoming Events: Hacker Hours, SFS Method, Continuous Integration AND Intro to DevOps!

Heather L. Willson @SFS hlwillson at sofree.us
Tue Aug 13 12:25:18 MDT 2019

Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [ https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md | Click here ] ! [ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#highlights ] Highlights

    * First run of NGINX ran with Silvia and her assistant Shannon the beginning of the month. If you weren't able to make it... as for a second run!
    * We're offering Intro to DevOps again! October 19th @ CODE! This class is AMAZING ya'll! Need more information? Check out the Meetup page ( [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263802634/ | https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263802634/ ] )
    * Hacking hours are THIS SATURDAY in the COMFY ROOM! Join us at SFS's HQ. (Small is Beautiful didn't have a strong enough turn out so we planned something else!)
    * Have YOU been to GLUG yet? What IS GLUG? Golden Linux Users Group that's what! David just couldn't resist heading to Golden, drinking delicious beers (@ New Terrain) and talking about Linux-y things. Just missed this month's BUT in September ... 2nd Monday we'll gather at 6:30pm at New Terrain Brewing Company. Hope to see you there (just for FUN can you believe it?!)
    * We do on-site, custom classes. Just ask [ mailto:Captains at SoFree.Us | Captains at SoFree.Us ] .

[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#hacker-hours-the-comfy-room ] Hacker Hours @ the COMFY ROOM!

The Software Freedom School is hosting Hacking Hours this weekend!

We get together from time to time just to work on things together. Bring your interesting problem, or help with one of ours. Let's hack.
Instructor: none Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Date: Saturday, August 17, 2019 Location: The Comfy Room 4237 W. Grand Ave, 80123 Price: $4, $4K, or PWYC

[RSVP] [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263969040/ | https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263969040/ ]

SFS Method with Mike Shoup

Learn how SFS teachers deliver hands-on technical training that sucks less.
Instructor: Mike Shoup Time: 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM Date: Saturday, September 7, 2019 Location: Code Talent 3412 Blake St · Denver, CO Price: $32 or PWYC

[RSVP] (https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263974472/ [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263974472/?isFirstPublish=true ] ) [ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#continuous-integration-with-aaron-brown ] Continuous Integration with Aaron Brown

Smaller, faster, better, safer with CI, featuring GitLab CI.
Instructor: Aaron Brown Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Date: Saturday, September 21, 2019 Location: Code Talent 3412 Blake St · Denver, CO Price: $128 or PWYC

[RSVP] ( [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263702391/ | https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263702391/ ] ) [ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#openstack-a-gentle-hands-on-introduction-with-david-l-willson ] OpenStack: A Gentle, Hands-on Introduction with David L. Willson

Build stacks in public/private/hybrid on Free Software clouds with OpenStack.
Instructor: David L. Willson Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Date: Saturday, October 5, 2019 Location: Code Talent 3412 Blake St · Denver, CO Price: TBD
[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#intro-to-devops-with-aaron-brown-anthony-sayre-and-silvia-briscoe ] Intro to DevOps with Aaron Brown, Anthony Sayre, and Silvia Briscoe

We'll use Linux, Bash, Git, Gitlab, F5/Nginx Docker image, and AWS to create minimum viable DevOps continuous integration pipelines on our laptops. This class is based on content created by Aaron Brown, systems engineer and VP of DevOps at Flowhub.com.
Instructor: Aaron Brown, Anthony Sayre, and Silvia Briscoe Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Date: Saturday, October 19, 2019 Location: Code Talent 3412 Blake St · Denver, CO Price: $256 or PWYC
[ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#rsvp-httpswwwmeetupcomsofreeusevents263802634 ] [RSVP] ( [ https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263802634/ | https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/263802634/ ] )

If you don't see what you want, send your wish to [ mailto:captains at sofree.us | captains at sofree.us ] ! We definitely take requests! [ https://blue.sofree.us:8443/#reminders ] Reminders

    * We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
    * We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
    * We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
    * Come hang out with us in [ https://mm.sofree.us/sfs-team/channels/town-square | Mattermost ] !

Heather L. Willson
Software Freedom School
303-229-3633