[SFS] Upcoming Events - Small is Beautiful, Gitlab

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Wed Mar 6 13:31:19 MST 2019

Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? Click here ! Highlights

    * Thanks to Duncan Fedde for putting on a great Docker class. We rolled through his material at a good clip and finished early!
    * We do on-site, custom classes. Just ask Captains at SoFree.Us .
    * Got a passion for something free-libre and want to share it? Join the Teachers ML
Special Discount to SFS Members for the Open Infrastructure Summit

OpenStack Foundation is offering a 15% off special discount to SFS Members for their Open Infrastructure Summit!

The Open Infrastructure Summit will take place on April 29-May 1 in Denver, Colorado. The Summit schedule should be posted TODAY! There will be over 300 sessions and workshops on Container Infrastructure, CI/CD, Telecom + NFV, Public Cloud, Private & Hybrid Cloud, Security and members of open source communities like Airship, Ansible, Ceph, Docker, Kata Containers, Kubernetes, ONAP, OpenStack, Open vSwitch, OPNFV, StarlingX, Zuul and more.

The discounted registration code: USERGROUP_15. Please note that this 15% off discount code is available until April 27. Meetup group members can apply that discount here: https://openinfrasummitandptgdenver.eventbrite.com/?aff=DenverSummit%20/?aff=Denver-h&_ga=2.107529666.1385338873.1549896703-61533541.1515512744 Learn more about the Open Infrastructure Summit Denver here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019
Small is Beautiful -
A buffet of brilliant little sessions in celebration of Stallman's birthday

We're hosting a full day of short (up to an hour) lessons on a variety of free, open-source software in honor of the legendary Richard Stallman. This is the first of what we hope to be a quarterly event, to introduce new teachers and provide shorter SFS Method-style content.

The lineup is packed with expert teachers and fantastic topics. Come for part, or stay for the day.

    * David L. Willson: Passages from the GNU Manifesto (22-minute talk only)
    * Dr. Jeffrey S. Haemer: Git Branches and Tags
    * Silvia: "Quick and Dirty Wireshark"
    * Alex: "Kubernetes Certifications and You" (22-minute talk only)
    * Rich: "JQ: Getting just what you want from JSON"
    * Derek: "Containers from scratch with Golang"
    * Shawn, a.k.a. RedMop: ZFS

Saturday, March 16th 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM MST (Come and go as you wish!) at Code

RSVP HERE AGHI2 GitLab and GitLab.com

During this gentle, hands-on introduction to GitLab We'll create pretend products (probably cheese sandwiches or pies). We'll create product teams. We'll iterate on our pretend products so quickly that our BitBucket/GitHub using competition will be driven into financial distress and then we will poach their developers. Muhhahah! And a whole lot more....

Saturday, May 4th 9AM - 1PM MST at Code Talent

RSVP Here Events In-planning

You can't RSVP to these yet.

    * 3/14 Pipelines for Pi Day with David L. Willson - DevOps, CI/CD, GitLab
    * 4/6 Python 201 Python 201 with Aaron Brown
    * 4/20 AGHI2 Kubernetes with Duncan
    * Intro To DevOps again! TBD
    * Ansible by Alex Wise! TBD

If you don't see what you want, make a wish! The captains at sofree.us love requests! Reminders

    * We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
    * We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.
    * We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.
    * Come hang out with us in Mattermost !