[SFS] Upcoming Events - Small is Beautiful, Gitlab

DLWillson DLWillson at SoFree.Us
Wed Mar 6 14:04:39 MST 2019

Rich and I are signed up for the Open Infrastructure Summit, in case anyone wants to band together with us.David L. Willson720-333-LANS

-------- Original message --------
From: Anthony Sayre <asayre at sofree.us>
Date: 3/6/19  1:31 PM  (GMT-07:00)
To: sfs at lists.sofree.us
Subject: [SFS] Upcoming Events - Small is Beautiful, Gitlab

Upcoming Events Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? Click here!HighlightsThanks to Duncan Fedde for putting on a great Docker class. We rolled through his material at a good clip and finished early!We do on-site, custom classes. Just ask Captains at SoFree.Us.Got a passion for something free-libre and want to share it? Join the Teachers MLSpecial Discount to SFS Members for the Open Infrastructure SummitOpenStack Foundation is offering a 15% off special discount to SFS Members for their Open Infrastructure Summit!The Open Infrastructure Summit will take place on April 29-May 1 in Denver, Colorado. The Summit schedule should be posted TODAY! There will be over 300 sessions and workshops on Container Infrastructure, CI/CD, Telecom + NFV, Public Cloud, Private & Hybrid Cloud, Security and members of open source communities like Airship, Ansible, Ceph, Docker, Kata Containers, Kubernetes, ONAP, OpenStack, Open vSwitch, OPNFV, StarlingX, Zuul and more.The discounted registration code: USERGROUP_15. Please note that this 15% off discount code is available until April 27. Meetup group members can apply that discount here: https://openinfrasummitandptgdenver.eventbrite.com/?aff=DenverSummit%20/?aff=Denver-h&_ga=2.107529666.1385338873.1549896703-61533541.1515512744Learn more about the Open Infrastructure Summit Denver here: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019Small is Beautiful -A buffet of brilliant little sessions in celebration of Stallman's birthdayWe're hosting a full day of short (up to an hour) lessons on a variety of free, open-source software in honor of the legendary Richard Stallman. This is the first of what we hope to be a quarterly event, to introduce new teachers and provide shorter SFS Method-style content.The lineup is packed with expert teachers and fantastic topics. Come for part, or stay for the day.David L. Willson: Passages from the GNU Manifesto (22-minute talk only)Dr. Jeffrey S. Haemer: Git Branches and TagsSilvia: "Quick and Dirty Wireshark"Alex: "Kubernetes Certifications and You" (22-minute talk only)Rich: "JQ: Getting just what you want from JSON"Derek: "Containers from scratch with Golang"Shawn, a.k.a. RedMop: ZFSSaturday, March 16th 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM MST (Come and go as you wish!) at CodeRSVP HEREAGHI2 GitLab and GitLab.comDuring this gentle, hands-on introduction to GitLab We'll create pretend products (probably cheese sandwiches or pies). We'll create product teams. We'll iterate on our pretend products so quickly that our BitBucket/GitHub using competition will be driven into financial distress and then we will poach their developers. Muhhahah! And a whole lot more....Saturday, May 4th 9AM - 1PM MST at Code TalentRSVP HereEvents In-planningYou can't RSVP to these yet.3/14 Pipelines for Pi Day with David L. Willson - DevOps, CI/CD, GitLab4/6 Python 201 Python 201 with Aaron Brown4/20 AGHI2 Kubernetes with DuncanIntro To DevOps again! TBDAnsible by Alex Wise! TBDIf you don't see what you want, make a wish! The captains at sofree.us love requests!RemindersWe are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.We are friends. You can post just about anything, but if it doesn't have to do with learning free-libre software, stick an "OT:" in front of it.We are professionals (when we must be). Please post your help wanted and job wanted here.Come hang out with us in Mattermost!