[SFS] Upcoming events: Openshift, Intro to DevOps

Anthony Sayre asayre at sofree.us
Sat Jun 27 08:32:44 MDT 2020

# Upcoming Events

Would you rather view the Upcoming Events in your browser? [Click here](https://gitlab.com/sofreeus/sofreeus/blob/master/upcoming-events.md)!

## Highlights

* Its a different world since I last write one of these updates. Pandemic, protests, an uncertain future. It's been difficult to know what to do or how to react.
* For now the best course of action we can think of is to just give to what we believe in: To that end, all proceeds from our upcoming Intro to DevOps class in July will go to [CODE2040](https://code2040-2020.funraise.org/) - sign-up link for the class is below
* To pay for the class, please sign up at below link first. You can then pay the normal way and we'll forward your payment to CODE2040. OR send a donation to CODE2040 directly for the suggested class price, include a comment along with your donation that says something like "SFS fundraiser" or "software freedom school", and send us a screen-shot of your donation (there's a "recent donors" tab on the donation page that will show a record of your donation). Send screenshot to captains at sofree.us (with something appropriate in the subject), we'll reply with confirmation of your slot in the class!
* Or you can pay us the normal ways directly and we'll send your donation on to CODE2040 after the class.
* At hacking hours recently we spent some time working on automating meetup API.
* We just wrapped an RHCSA study group led by David Willson and Mark Sallee. Mark has been an SFS member for a while now and this is his first foray into class hosting with us. Thanks Mark!

---

# UPCOMING CLASSES

## ONLINE: A Gentle Hand-On Introduction to OpenShift

Lorem ipsum! Dolor sit amet!

Silvia
9AM - 1PM Saturday, July 11th
Zoom
$16 or PWYC

RSVP TBA

## ONLINE: Intro to DevOps

Our Flagship Class! Come learn to build an automated deployment pipeline from scratch! We'll start with Linux and git basics, and build out a working CI/CD pipeline on Gitlab and Kubernetes! It's an eight-hour career-boosting extravaganza!

Aaron, Anthony, Silvia
9AM - 5PM Saturday, July 18th
Zoom
$192 or PWYC

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW [**MORE?**](https://www.meetup.com/sofreeus/events/270755683/)

---

If you don't see what you want, send your wish to captains at sofree.us! We definitely take requests!

## Reminders

* We are lifelong learners. Please share learning opportunities, even if they're not produced by SFS.
* We are professionals. Your "help wanted" and "job wanted" posts are welcome.
* Come hang out with us in [Mattermost](https://mm.sofree.us/sfs-team/channels/town-square)!