[SFS] Free computer science/programming lessons

Andy Leitermann andyleitermann@gmail.com
Wed, 21 May 2014 17:26:46 -0600

--001a11c1fca2808f7804f9f154fb

There is a GNU Fortran Compiler but MATLAB is not Libre.

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson@thegeek.nu>wrote:

> Alessandro,
>
> Of those, which are software libre? I know C is. Fortran, I think is. What
> about MatLab?
>
> Would you be interested in teaching a four-hour foundations class?
> (Software Freedom First Saturday? at the Concoctory?)
>
> --
> David L. Willson
> Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
> RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
> Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
> http://sofree.us
>
> This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

n Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:03 PM, David L. Willson <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:DLWillson@thegeek.nu" target=3D"_blank">DLWillson@thegeek.nu<=
/a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Alessandro,<br>
Of those, which are software libre? I know C is. Fortran, I think is. What =
about MatLab?<br>
Would you be interested in teaching a four-hour foundations class? (Softwar=
e Freedom First Saturday? at the Concoctory?)<br>
--<br>
David L. Willson<br>
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist<br>
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA<br>
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)<br>
This is a good time for a r3VOLution.<br>
----- Original Message -----<br>
&gt; Hello everyone,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I am an Italian PhD Student in Computer Science and I will stay in<br>
&gt; Boulder until Sept. 23rd. I offer free lessons on Computer<br>
&gt; Architectures, Operative Systems and Programming (parallel<br>
&gt; programming<br>
&gt; or general C/Fortran/Matlab programming) to non-italian/non-spanish<br=

&gt; speakers.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I would like to improve my spoken English and this could be a good<br>
&gt; (and<br>
&gt; useful) way to do it.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If you are not personally interested please forward this email to<br>
&gt; other<br>
&gt; mailing lists.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thank you for your time.<br>