[SFS] Note Taking - What do you recommend

Tue Jun 12 10:25:45 MDT 2018

I take notes *everywhere* on *everything*.

I talk to myself in Mattermost, at work and at SFS. Thanks Aaron for mentioning that! I write on and in a journal. Currently, that's my SFS grid-pad. I take pictures with the device I still call a phone, even though making actual "phone" calls is the function I'd miss least. I talk to (Voice Recorder) and draw on (Markers) my phone. I email myself.

I write on my hand. I talk to myself in the shower.

I am currently listening to "Getting Things Done" again. I want to *read* it someday. Does anyone own a lend-able copy?

As I did the first time, I'm finding that the most useful concept, for me, is sorting things into:

- things I do something with:
* ASAP - goes to my journal, if I can probably finish it today, or to a GitLab Issue, if I probably can't.

* some specific time - goes to my Zimbra Calendar at home or my G Suite Calendar at work.

* later maybe - goes to an email folder that I open and dump like an inbox at the beginning of next week, next month, or next year
- things I file:

* reference/archive - I used to folder-ize. Now, I don't bother.

* trash - Yes, I still delete things. I'm so old-fashioned.

And now, I'm off to try /remind.

--
David L. Willson
Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist